Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Anyone ever Lost a Piece of your Equipment while Detecting?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    12986 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (5)
    Funny thing. For the last two weeks I've been looking for my Garrett carrott and my Lesche digger. They both returned to me today like a pair of well trained bird dogs. My digging buddy had the Lesche in his bag, and didn't know it. We hadn't dug in about 6 weeks together, and the carrot was left in the grass at a spot I detect and when we went back today, the owners had it waiting for me.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Apr 2018
    SW Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 600, XP Deus, AT-Pro, F2, Minelab Equinox 800 on order..
    7 times
    Metal Detecting
    One night after metal detecting on the beach I went to my truck to leave. I leaned my very nice sand scoop up against the side of my truck while I took off my finds pouch and put my detector inside. Somehow I forgot about the scoop AND missed it when I backed out of the parking space. I did not realize it missing until the next day and of course it was lone gone when I returned. I put a reward on Craigslist but never got a response. It stinks because it was a very nice heavy duty scoop that is irreplaceable as the fabricator of these scoops passed away.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    8632 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have lost and recovered both a screw drive probe and my pin pointer.

Pin pointer was on the beach at night, I ran back to my last known location, there it was crying in the sand! Whew!

Probe was at a park, stuck it in the ground while recovering a target then meandered on to the next quite a distance away. Reached for it...no probe. I tried retracing my steps, finally gave up, went on detecting and about the second dig after losing my probe, I looked down and there it was stuck in the ground next to my foot....did I mention I meander...a lot?
    It called me "stupid" all the way home!
    gold boy and Loco-Digger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    some where in the great state of Texas
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    8037 times
    coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    hey i meander a lot too especially when in my field where a 1880's home stood there is stuff scattered through out the whole field

us
    Jan 2012
    157 times
    Relic Hunting
    Left my pinpinter "at the last hole" a few times but found it. A few weeks ago I open my trunk at a site to find no pinpointer. Then I thought maybe I didn't put it in the trunk when I was packing up the day before. As luck would have it "yesterday's site" was a quarter mile up the road! I drove up there and found it still sitting in the parking lot.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    568 times
    Metal Detecting

Arrow

i lost/ misplaced the transmitter for my wireless headphones i had it rubberbanded on the stand on my explorer it's small rectangular about the size of a silver dollar . i might have put it in my goodies bag or a pocket , it's black and i have a hard time with finding black items as they tend to blend in real good so there is a good chance i will come across it , i hope so as it was a gift from my TH'ing bud...what a bummer......
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Ca
    Whites mxt
    257 times
    Prospecting
    Couple weeks ago I lost my digger knife either in the forest or when transferring equip to my friends Jeep it fell off my pack. Never to be seen again.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links