May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a small update as I’m still getting used to it.

Today’s hunt was a tough one in an area that has been hunted by allot of people including myself, local park.
Well I decided on 3 tone at 14 kHz ,gain at 89 ,disk 25 , ISAT 1 , because I’m mostly checking for coins.

I actually found quite a few targets that were extremely clear toned and vdi locked.
Separation is insane, it can pull a target out of trash pretty easily. I pulled a Polmolive token out of a 9” hole that also had a huge square head nail in it.
Yes it does hit the bottle caps very nicely, but then again so does my f75 and sport, part of the fun lol.
The Kruzer is a sensitive beast, but not to chirpy at these settings.

The ergonomics of the pinpoint is very strange for me, my feeling should have been a trigger or a centered button instead of to the left of the controls. Wearing my gloves made it tricky sometimes to get a good push on it.

The pinpoint is however very accurate.

Weight and balance is spot on, no fatigue at all especially compared to the MX Sport.

The manual has some mistakes in it but can easily find answers online with an updated manual.

The Headphones are actually quite good and easy to pair,extremely light as well but are not a snug fit for noise canceling which I don’t mind.

More to come later.....

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad to hear the Kruzer and you are coming together without many problems.:thumbsup:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a nice detector

I would have been really upset if it couldn't find bottle caps.

OP
OP
H

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My very first try hunting in 5kHZ.
It was very refreshing as I have pretty good soil and was hunting an old softball field so not much trash.
Setting : 5 kHz ,3 tone , notch 27, gain 96, tones set at target ID 30 @70, then up to 70 mid tone set at 50, above 70 set to 70 high tone.

This really made coins pop hard at depths to 10.25 inches and no chirping and very quiet swinging.

Where I hunt a nickel will be 30 ID, pennies and above will be above 72.

I hit a ton of deep clad , 4 wheats in a spot I have been over many times with my MX Sport and others had hit with Garrett’s .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread