Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Barska I know of makes rifle scopes.Look at the Teknetics Liberator now @ 299.00 .Great machine!:)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like chinese clone garbage. Look at what Tesoro, Whites, Garrett, Fisher and Minelab offer for starting detector. Anything from them will be better than that junk

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Barska I know of makes rifle scopes.Look at the Teknetics Liberator now @ 299.00 .Great machine!:)
Owners manual here > https://mans.io/files/viewer/666998/1 010.JPG

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing this for 4.5 years, and NEVER heard a peep about Barska.

Save your money! This machine will do no better than the BH.

IMO, your next step should be up to a machine with proportional audio. Binary audio is what you have now, it either beeps or doesn't beep. Proportional audio is louder, when closer to the target, and quieter when the target is further away. The variable tones will give you a lot more information that binary beeps.

A used AT Pro ($400 or so) would serve you well. It was my second machine after BH, and it worked well for me. All of the major manufacturers make this type of machine, I'm just familiar with AT Pro.

Best of luck to you sir!

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barska has cheaply made products so stay away from them look into reviews of the well known company's machines like Garrett, Fisher/Teknetics, White's, Minelab Tesoro etc.
$300 won't get you far on a good new machine, I would look at the used market or keep using your bounty hunter and save some more money up.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barska...I would pass. .. Haven't used the Liberator but it looks like a steal at $299.. If that is still to high you should consider the Mojave by Tesoro

I have a F22 it is only $225 and its a pretty decent starter machine as well if you want VDI. The ACE300 is also a good machine at the same price.

Do you homework you'll be glad you did!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever use or hear anything on this metal detector: Barska - Winbest Pursuit-300 Metal Detector and help would be greatly appreciated before I purchase...right now I have the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV...and am looking for an upgrade around the 200 range maybe push it to 300

Do not buy it, buy from a good manufacturer.

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tracker IV is an impressively good machine for its price. My old BH gets more depth than my mom's F22 in the extremely mineralized
soil of my coin garden. (She gets a lot more depth back home in Indiana.) Depending on your soil conditions you may be disappointed by a $200 machine.

OP
OP
C

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the great replies...staying away from the Barska and going to keep the BH prob for this season and look to pick up something better after this season and I can save up some more money...or stash some money from the wife!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the great replies...staying away from the Barska and going to keep the BH prob for this season and look to pick up something better after this season and I can save up some more money...or stash some money from the wife!

Watch craigslist for your area. You can often find detectors being sold on the cheap since the bug did not bite the owner like it has the rest of us. They simply want to liquidate their gear for cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread