Tesoro Sand shark coil size?

DannyDonkey

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Danny and I have just started metal detecting with a cheap metal detector. I am planning on upgrading to a tesoro sand shark for underwater diving. I have looked at the forums and there seems to be a mix opinion on using a 8 vs 10.5" coil. I will be on a relatively calm beach in waters no deeper than 10 ft. Which should I choose? Or in other words, which one would I regret more if I bought the wrong one? Pros and cons to each? Does it even matter? Thank you!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the 8". Lighter, and deeper than you need. Really just a matter of choice. :skullflag:

Attachments

• jones72311 030.jpg
    jones72311 030.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 8" will be easier to swing. The 10.5 will cover more ground and be a little deeper. You might also look into a Multifrequency VLF machine if you're only going to 10' deep. The CTX and Equinox will do that, give you discrimination, and have interchangeable coils that will adapt to whatever situation you find. Personally, I'd get the Equinox. Best bang for the buck out there right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions