digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Had the AT Pro and really liked it. But now that I'm using the EQ6, I quite frankly can't believe what the AT missed. JMO. Good Luck with your decision!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, I don't see any advantage that any of the AT's have over the Equinox.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I have the AT Pro and AT Gold and they are great machines. These machines are made in the USA and customer service is outstanding. I hear the AT Max is deeper, has a bigger ground balance window which is how you super tune these machines for depth. Should you buy, be sure you get a great deal. There's no reason to purchase at MSRP. Call some dealers for the best price on a new machine. Work it on used.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Pleased with my AT Max even though Ive had some support issues, and the Garrett Support is Top Notch..

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look elsewhere. The Minelab Equinox and the Makro Racer 2, Multi Kruzer, and Nokta Impact all far exceed the Garretts for about the same money.

OP
OP
dhog

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been looking at both would like some feedback and how you like them

Have been watching a lot of videos on E600 and like the 3 Freq and other settings for Discrimination and for the Price it is a lot of machine. Still the Garrett is a proven machine with great service record and made in USA. But the E600 would be a great machine. Thanks for all the feedback it will be a hard decision

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Max is more sensitive, and has several features not on the AT Pro, and one key one being a true all-metal mode, so I would suggest the AT Max.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It always astounds me when someone asks about a certain product or products and a majority of the responses are about other unrelated products :-P

I think it comes down to your budget. If you're planning on purchasing additional coils, accessories, etc... all together at the same time then I'd go with the PRO so you have some cash to spend on the accessories. If you're merely looking for the unit itself and plan on adding accessories somewhere further down the line when you have time to save up some cash then I'd go with the MAX.

Good luck!

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Absolutely, jsulateskee.

Also, the at pro, if you look, can be found used but in great shape, for around $300.

fdgrpilot. Where is a price mentioned?

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was loaned a AT Pro for a camp hunt one day and was really impressed with it. I dont run junk and it will hunt. The new machines out there right now are getting good reviews also. With that said, there are some sweet deals on proven oldies.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rawhide hit it Right when he said "Oldies"

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The At Pro although a good machine does not match the Equinox 600.. If you're looking for made in the USA look elsewhere because no Detector is made totally in the USA. Maybe assembled in the USA.

If you want a car made in the USA by a Toyota.. More parts of a Toyota are made in the USA than GM, Ford or Chrysler..

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Cactusman says, the All Metal mode is like a whole 'nother detector. Many people have the all-metal phobia. Whatever it takes, get over that one. You can still listen and watch the numbers.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iโ€™ve had both - atp is my choice

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Max is more sensitive, and has several features not on the AT Pro, and one key one being a true all-metal mode, so I would suggest the AT Max.

I own both...so I could probably give you an honest opinion in stead of relying on videos, word of mouth, etc...Like Cactus says, the All-Metal mode IS way more sensitive and will go deep. But I can only offer simple suggestions, if you are new to the hobby...I would heavily suggest the AT Pro...easy to learn, reliable, excellent customer support...You can find them used for cheap, and new ones aren't that much plus you have a warranty. To be honest with you, I'm 100% positive that the Pro would've sniffed everything out that my Max has. Good luck...Ddf.

OP
OP
dhog

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a great buy on AT PRO with extra coils, Looking forward to getting it and start digging. Got permission to hunt civil war camp been hunted before will hit it again and hope I get something. Thanks for all the comments and thoughts about different brands and am sure I will try some later on. Happy hunting and God Bless everyone.:hello:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a great buy on AT PRO with extra coils, Looking forward to getting it and start digging. Got permission to hunt civil war camp been hunted before will hit it again and hope I get something. Thanks for all the comments and thoughts about different brands and am sure I will try some later on. Happy hunting and God Bless everyone.:hello:

Awesome, I am excited for you! Good for you that you have access to a CW site, just go low and slow, run that unit in ZERO mode and dig everything with a repeatable signal...Looking forward to your first trip out and seeing what you find, keep us posted! Ddf.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome, I am excited for you! Good for you that you have access to a CW site, just go low and slow, run that unit in ZERO mode and dig everything with a repeatable signal...Looking forward to your first trip out and seeing what you find, keep us posted! Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread