Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: AT Max or AT Pro

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2018
    SW Va
    Garett ace 400 Fisher f22
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

AT Max or AT Pro

Have been looking at both would like some feedback and how you like them

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2882 times
    Had the AT Pro and really liked it. But now that I'm using the EQ6, I quite frankly can't believe what the AT missed. JMO. Good Luck with your decision!
    Hawks88 and jhittle like this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5009 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Agreed, I don't see any advantage that any of the AT's have over the Equinox.
    Hawks88, digger460 and jhittle like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1234 times
    I have the AT Pro and AT Gold and they are great machines. These machines are made in the USA and customer service is outstanding. I hear the AT Max is deeper, has a bigger ground balance window which is how you super tune these machines for depth. Should you buy, be sure you get a great deal. There's no reason to purchase at MSRP. Call some dealers for the best price on a new machine. Work it on used.

us
    Detectorist

Apr 2018
    Iberville Parish, Louisiana
    Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max / Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    159 times
    I'm Pleased with my AT Max even though Ive had some support issues, and the Garrett Support is Top Notch..

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX, Minelab Equinox 800, Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    187 times
    Look elsewhere. The Minelab Equinox and the Makro Racer 2, Multi Kruzer, and Nokta Impact all far exceed the Garretts for about the same money.
    Normsel likes this.
    42 Years detecting
    ex White's Dealer
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX x 3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2018
    SW Va
    Garett ace 400 Fisher f22
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dhog View Post
    Have been looking at both would like some feedback and how you like them
    Have been watching a lot of videos on E600 and like the 3 Freq and other settings for Discrimination and for the Price it is a lot of machine. Still the Garrett is a proven machine with great service record and made in USA. But the E600 would be a great machine. Thanks for all the feedback it will be a hard decision

us
    Nov 2015
    Western USA
    Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, ATX, Sea Hunter MKII, Infinium LS, Scorpion GS, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD20
    374 times
    The AT Max is more sensitive, and has several features not on the AT Pro, and one key one being a true all-metal mode, so I would suggest the AT Max.
    Money may not grow on trees, but it's often found under them!

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1159 times
    Metal Detecting
    Neither IMO, there are better machines out now for that price.
    bowwinkles likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

us
    Dec 2017
    Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
    96 times
    Metal Detecting
    It always astounds me when someone asks about a certain product or products and a majority of the responses are about other unrelated products :-P

I think it comes down to your budget. If you're planning on purchasing additional coils, accessories, etc... all together at the same time then I'd go with the PRO so you have some cash to spend on the accessories. If you're merely looking for the unit itself and plan on adding accessories somewhere further down the line when you have time to save up some cash then I'd go with the MAX.

Good luck!
    Last edited by jsulateskee; May 18, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
    dirtdigginfool and xr7ator like this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1234 times
    Absolutely, jsulateskee.

Also, the at pro, if you look, can be found used but in great shape, for around $300.

fdgrpilot. Where is a price mentioned?
    Last edited by xr7ator; May 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Etrac, F75, AT Pro.
    1926 times
    I was loaned a AT Pro for a camp hunt one day and was really impressed with it. I dont run junk and it will hunt. The new machines out there right now are getting good reviews also. With that said, there are some sweet deals on proven oldies.

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX, Minelab Equinox 800, Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    187 times
    Rawhide hit it Right when he said "Oldies"
    42 Years detecting
    ex White's Dealer
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX x 3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    752 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The At Pro although a good machine does not match the Equinox 600.. If you're looking for made in the USA look elsewhere because no Detector is made totally in the USA. Maybe assembled in the USA.

If you want a car made in the USA by a Toyota.. More parts of a Toyota are made in the USA than GM, Ford or Chrysler..
    digger460 likes this.

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Nov 2011
    400 times
    Like Cactusman says, the All Metal mode is like a whole 'nother detector. Many people have the all-metal phobia. Whatever it takes, get over that one. You can still listen and watch the numbers.
    cactusman likes this.
    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links