Help please

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello today i received my Garrett Ace 300 and have been using it about 3 hours. I'm having a little trouble! The first problem is when I'm search in coin mode and get a decent reading and I start to dig and pull up iron. The other problem is ill get a sound on right sweep but on the left sweep it's not making any sound.
Besides that i have found massive amounts of trash amd a handful of penny's.

Upvote 0

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I do not own the Ace 300, it is somewhat similar to my AT Pro. Know this, when it comes to metal detecting you are going to dig lots & lots of trash! Get used to it. I'm not being mean about it but that is just a part of this great hobby. Every single person on here can attest to finding enough trash to make their head spin. But once you find some great coins and relics, that is what keeps you going. You have to be patient and tell yourself you'll dig 10 or perhaps 100 pull tabs before finding a ring, coin or some other nice relic.
If you are using coin mode, have you performed a test on coins before you go out detecting? That will help you out quite a bit. Put a cent, nickel, dime and quarter down on the ground one at a time and run your coil over it and learn what your detector is telling you. Good targets, and not necessarily coins, will ring up a fairly constant VDI number while iron or trashy objects will have numbers jump all over the place.
Hope this helps. I'm sure other members will chime in as well. Bottom line.......be patient and learn your detector.

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I dug lots of trash and a few pennies stayed out about 5 hours and had lots of funny even though I didn't find anything. When i put the metal detector together i did do a test and know what the sounds are. Since i posted this i figured out the one beep situation.

Now I'm trying to figure what sittings and stuff I prefer while hunting. Also learning the pin point feature and sensitive level needed to be used. Also getting used to the wired headphones.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello today i received my Garrett Ace 300 and have been using it about 3 hours. I'm having a little trouble! The first problem is when I'm search in coin mode and get a decent reading and I start to dig and pull up iron. The other problem is ill get a sound on right sweep but on the left sweep it's not making any sound.
Besides that i have found massive amounts of trash amd a handful of penny's.

Go back and read the manual AGAIN. Don't use too much Sensitivity (6-7 max), experiment with your Discrimination, and listen to the difference between a nail, and a dime/quarter. Practice!!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good idea to be honest. Today's hunt was in my yard (1800 house) years ago a guy stopped and asked to hunt our yard and found some old things (coins.) Tomorrow will be an all day hunt and time to learn about my machine. I have two options on where to hunt church camp or old torn down house in a field down the road. It's a huge learning curve but i think I should get the hang of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread