Gone but never forgotten

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I just got back from the funeral of a close friend and fellow detectorist. RICHARD ABBOTT passed away on Aug. 6 at his home at the age of 78. Richard was a special person who could find joy in anything he did. Richard attended most of the open hunts around the midwest for many years. He didn't enter the hunts but would set around and talk with whoever came around. Richard made over 3000 bird houses and gave them away to anyone who wanted one or two. He will be missed greatly. Richard belonged to 3 metal detecting clubs (Mo-Kan search & Recovery, Three trails and Mid-West artifacts society)and the civil war round table all in the Kansas City Missouri area. Rest In Peace Richard.

Les

Upvote 0

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Sounds like he was the type of guy the world needs more of. Sorry for the loss of your friend,

Smitty

B

BIG61AL

Sometimes the impact of one has a great effect on many. Sound like we all lost a great person.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like he was a very good person with a big heart . I am sure he is happy now. Walking Streets of gold. ;)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
He must have been a great guy...thanks for taking the time to tell us a little about him.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les,
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend... next time your detecting..think of him...I betcha he'll be with ya...kinda like lending a helping hand ....

treasure the memories of him and never forget...

rae

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread