White's Treasure Pro or Teknetics Patriot?

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been a fan of Bounty Hunter/Teknetics machines but I am looking to upgrade to a mid-level machine. I hear a lot about the Teknetics Patriot and that it’s practically a steal for the price. However, I’m looking to branch out a little bit and find myself coming back to White’s machines. I am trying to decide between the White’s Treasure Pro and the Teknetics Patriot, I was hoping you guys would be able to offer some insight between the two?

Upvote 0

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites Treasure Pro
Need any help give me a call
Free shipping and Metaldetecting kit
thanks

OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites Treasure Pro
Need any help give me a call
Free shipping and Metaldetecting kit
thanks

But why the Treasure Pro? Because you don't sell the Patriot ; )

TrashFinder

Mar 11, 2013
51st state - Jefferson
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurePro verses Teknetics Delta 4000

I’ve been a fan of Bounty Hunter/Teknetics machines but I am looking to upgrade to a mid-level machine. I hear a lot about the Teknetics Patriot and that it’s practically a steal for the price. However, I’m looking to branch out a little bit and find myself coming back to White’s machines. I am trying to decide between the White’s Treasure Pro and the Teknetics Patriot, I was hoping you guys would be able to offer some insight between the two?

I have had a Delta 4000 for years now and got to a point that I needed something with a bit more discridmination, as I know I was missing a lot of the good things. I will note that the Delta 4000 is great at locating trash that looked like treasure before it was exposed. Then, a miricle happened and I acquired a White's TreasurePro that after watching a few videos, to get an idea of what I was in for, I decided to try my own very small front yard lawn, that the Delta 4000 said was clean. I found a 1920 penny and a 1996 dime with no trouble at all, and they were near the surface among nails and such probably from when the shingle siding was installed and later removed for aluminum siding on the house. The driveway, whch is paved, shows all sorts of coins that are under the asphalt. I am trying to devise a narrow bladed tool to cut through the asphalt to retrieve what awaits me, but this will have to wait for a hot summer afternoon, and afterwards, reinserting the plug with some repair material to hold it in place. With this new machine, I may have to change my name from TrashFinder to something else! :coffee2:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a Delta 4000 for years now and got to a point that I needed something with a bit more discridmination, as I know I was missing a lot of the good things. I will note that the Delta 4000 is great at locating trash that looked like treasure before it was exposed. Then, a miricle happened and I acquired a White's TreasurePro that after watching a few videos, to get an idea of what I was in for, I decided to try my own very small front yard lawn, that the Delta 4000 said was clean. I found a 1920 penny and a 1996 dime with no trouble at all, and they were near the surface among nails and such probably from when the shingle siding was installed and later removed for aluminum siding on the house. The driveway, whch is paved, shows all sorts of coins that are under the asphalt. I am trying to devise a narrow bladed tool to cut through the asphalt to retrieve what awaits me, but this will have to wait for a hot summer afternoon, and afterwards, reinserting the plug with some repair material to hold it in place. With this new machine, I may have to change my name from TrashFinder to something else! :coffee2:

Did your Delta have an 8" coil and the Whites a 10"? If yes, that's like comparing apples to oranges.

OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did your Delta have an 8" coil and the Whites a 10"? If yes, that's like comparing apples to oranges.
How do you figure? The coins were found near the surface so it wasn't a matter of depth (which a larger coil would be better at). It sounds like he was speaking in terms of better discrimination!?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you figure? The coins were found near the surface so it wasn't a matter of depth (which a larger coil would be better at). It sounds like he was speaking in terms of better discrimination!?

All DD coils have better target separation than the concentric from my experience. The white's comes with a 10"DD, so it will get more depth and better target separation vs an 8" concentric unless you are swinging the 8" coil about 6" to 7" above the ground in order to get the best separation for a shallow coin among-st other metals.

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd vote for the White's model, as it seems friendlier, with fewer bells and whistles,
but has all what you need. I guess considering what are extras, like coils, would also steer you towards
the right machine for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread