5 tips on Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job young man!:hello2:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good job. You have a future in Hollywood blockbuster movies. Fun Videos.

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good vid and thanks for sharing. The lesh or something similar to the lesh also comes in left or right hand side serrated edge depending on whether you are right or left handed. The biggest problem with plugs is determining the depth and size of the plug, too small or shallow or jagged can kill the roots leaving a ugly yellow dry spot on the grass that will not make any home owner happy. I find a straight downward cut does a better job instead of an angled cut towards the center because it leaves the grass in the middle of the plug unscathed and able to keep growing and repopulate the the outer edges.....my 2 cents worth

OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good vid and thanks for sharing. The lesh or something similar to the lesh also comes in left or right hand side serrated edge depending on whether you are right or left handed. The biggest problem with plugs is determining the depth and size of the plug, too small or shallow or jagged can kill the roots leaving a ugly yellow dry spot on the grass that will not make any home owner happy. I find a straight downward cut does a better job instead of an angled cut towards the center because it leaves the grass in the middle of the plug unscathed and able to keep growing and repopulate the the outer edges.....my 2 cents worth

Thanks for the tip! Ill keep that in mind!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video production! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread