Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: To sell or not to sell ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2017
    Santa Barbara,Ca
    Bounty Hunter w/Cors Fortune coil
    714 times
    Metal Detecting

To sell or not to sell ?

Hi everyone !
    Do you sell your treasures ? You worked hard to find them , swatted lots of bugs , Drove all over the city, Dug 1000's of holes , pissed off the significant other , And then you find something worth a decent amount of moo la.
    Do you sell it?
    I found a nice gold ring with 7 diamonds in my scoop the other day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gl01.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1599820
    Not my first gold ring , second this year. Found my first one last year. But its soooooo nice i'm torn between selling it and keeping it. I was made an offer three times melt value.
    But its sooooo nice !
    What to do

And to those who say "give it to the wife" , i'm single. Cat was not impressed.

Mar 2007
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'd try selling it as is first. If it didn't sell I'd sell it for the diamond and melt value and buy more toys.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2007
    Colorado
    Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
    797 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd sell it and get a nice pin pointer. Or a nice pair of Raybans sunglasses. Or trade it for a gold coin or silver bullion. Or cases of Whisker Lickins....

us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    xlt mxt gmz whites
    678 times
    my deal is when its gone its gone.but ive never found anything worth over a hundred dollars.what do you think thats worth?
    cool find brad
    CASPER-2 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    18430 times
    Metal Detecting
    Some people never let go of anything they find. Some display their finds in their man caves or living rooms. I sell my great gold, platinum, and silver finds. I dig them out of the past, and put them back into circulation. Some finds have paid for single dinners at fine restaurants, one paid for a bottle of 25-year-old Macallan, and three bought my wife and I a trip to Bermuda.

Keeping stuff in your sock drawer ain't fun.

us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, XP Deus Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    2716 times
    I've found several rings, mostly wedding bands(no owners found) but I've kept them all. I guess when the day comes I need some cash I'll sell. I'll probably leave them to the grandkids. Or not.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

Feb 2017
    Santa Barbara,Ca
    Bounty Hunter w/Cors Fortune coil
    714 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1637 View Post
    my deal is when its gone its gone.but ive never found anything worth over a hundred dollars.what do you think thats worth?
    cool find brad
    Came out to $127 melt. 5 grams @ 14k. I know a place that gives approx 90% melt value , so around $100 bucks.
    This lady i know said she'd give me $250.
    Like you said "when its gone its gone".

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16149 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I've been dirt fishing for 4 years and only dug 5 gold rings. They look good in the display so I keep them. Lord knows I've never dug anything as sweet as yours. What a dilemma to have.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    2310 times
    Nice find. Display case is nice but so is cash.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    10925 times
    Metal Detecting

To sell or not to sell ?

Iíve never sold anything Iíve found, but if I had to I would. I love looking my at my hard work remember the feeling I had when I first saw it. Iím sentimental with things but that just me. If someone offered you 3xís melt and you can use the cash.......SOLD. Iíd probably sell my gold rings if I were a beach hunter, but finding gold on land is too far and in between. In 4 years Iím at 8 and I still look at them in disbelief that I found that. But Iím also the guy who doesnít do ring returns, so to each their own.
    Last edited by Truth1253; Jun 09, 2018 at 01:40 AM.
    d2 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5129 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Give it to the "significant other". That will get one monkey off your back!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2110 times
    Over the years, I've always kept everything. Always called it my retirement fund (yeah right). A few times I've given pieces away to people that've done me good. Unless you need the $$ keep your goodies & use them as motivation! The fun part of keeping your finds or as the wife calls it hoarding is having stuff to show the young kids who are interested in detecting! When you see their eyes bug when you tell them they can find stuff like this too if you put in the work. If you don't need the $$ why sell it? Unless metals go through the roof.
    mindcrime1988 and Slingshot like this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Sep 2015
    Brawley
    ,Minelab Equinox 800, GGT Sluice, Keene 212v Dry Washer
    156 times
    The only thing I keep are silver coins that have NO numismatic value. I keep them in a leather pouch and shake them them every now and then, makes me laugh. Everything else I sell. I do not need anymore stuff in my life, I welcome the interesting activity. For me the best part of finding is the first look. I have never regretted cutting loose of finds. A Pirate spends treasure on ale and wenches not 401k's

us
    Mar 2012
    Lancaster County, PA
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett Carrot
    543 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Iíve never sold anything Iíve found, but if I had to I would. I love looking my at my hard work remember the feeling I had when I first saw it. Iím sentimental with things but that just me. If someone offered you 3xís melt and you can use the cash.......SOLD. Iíd probably sell my gold rings if I were a beach hunter, but finding gold on land is too far and in between. In 4 years Iím at 8 and I still look at them in disbelief that I found that. But Iím also the guy who doesnít do ring returns, so to each their own.
    Well said. This is exactly how I feel.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    16849 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That is a really pretty ring. I have a tub of damaged and broken gold. It will go for melt value when the price is right. The nice rings that I have found, are on the side. If I got an offer of $250,, for a ring like yours, I would sell it. The only gold I won't sell, is the first gold wedding band that I found in the 80's.
    RustyGold likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links