Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, seriously dude...no different technique for large cents and silver except the most important one--research. I don't know much about the Ace, but I went on a diggin trip with a friend that had one and it held its own pretty well huntin for CW relics.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Get an old map of the area and search out as many old homesites and cellarholes you can locate. Good luck on your mission CC!

Smiles!
BDoo

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep,you have to be in old areas and old places.....look for the old schools and churches that are gone.....research them on old maps and plot them on to new ones and start asking permission.
Most of mine have come out of old farm fields where there where schools and churches.........

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, my first (and only) LC was found on a rocky shore outside a harbor. I suggest hunting the shores of creeks and rivers, Especially the rocky ones during a drought

HH
-GC

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks!

I will try that 1700-1850 cuarry which became a home in 1850 to 1950, and htne a state park in 1950 to now. I usually just find clad, but will try again.

-CC

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Well depending on your area you might have to go deepeer than the 250 will go. Last large cent I found in ustate NY was over 12 inches deep under a giant oak tree. I was using a EX2 with a 12 inch sunray coil. The Ace 250 is an ENTRY level detector and you are looking for coins that have been in the ground for over 100 years. If they are in dirt they are going to sink. Ya, I know someone is going to say they found one at 2 inches but on average they are going to be deep

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful in state parks! I don't know what the regulations are in your area!!! And parks in general--in many places--hold only clad. We have some HUGE old parks in my area--square miles of OLD parks--but they have been hit hard for 25 years. Research. That's the only way around it. That way you're hitting spots that no one will have found because there hasn't been any building on the site for 75 or 100 years. Those are the spots.

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread