My older detector compared to the new ones?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find the T1 a fine detector once you learn it. I don't think many here still use it and were lured by the fancy advertising of "deeper depth." It's true that the T1 won't get all the hype the new babies now get, but for dry land hunting it will entertain you for hours on end.

If you take it to a saltwater beach, stay out of the wet sand as it could get confused with the salt content and black sand just like the newer models. Don't sweat it and good luck.

Sandman

OP
OP
RoadKillDave

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Thanks!! Glad to here it is still pretty good. I have wanted a MD since I was a young boy after watching someone using one at the local school. When my wife brought this home I was just floored. I love the machine. My brother-in-law owns a church that they are remodeling that is over 100 years old. And my house on 1/2 block of property is 99 years old so i got some great places to look.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Dude, you are so lucky havin that stuff around you. It's the person, not the machine. I know a guy that uses an old whites, cant remember the model, but it's a blue box, and he finds a lot of stuff, and does well in competitions against people with the new machines.

Know YOUR detector well, and it will do good for you.

Good luck!

Icandigit

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth,NE
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned several of the old Teknetics including the Mark 1. It is a great machine once you learn it. It likes to go slow but it will pull deep coins. Usually the meters are right on the money. It can still compete with anything out there. Would you like to sell it?

OP
OP
RoadKillDave

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
I would have to get enough money to by another detector of very good quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread