Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 9 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By firemanphob
  • 2 Post By Javadroid
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By Stringtyer
  • 2 Post By glenn37216
  • 1 Post By glenn37216

Thread: I would like to thank Tnet member and friend glenn37216 for making me these.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    10959 times
    Metal Detecting

I would like to thank Tnet member and friend glenn37216 for making me these.

Pinpointer tips he made on his 3D printer. And boy did I need it. Thanks again buddy!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3200.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	1601696

us
    Apr 2018
    Lanesville, IN
    White Coin master 4000 Garrett AT PRO
    66 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Does he or someone else here make these for sale. If so, I would be interested in buying a couple.
    Truth1253 and devldog like this.

us
    Jul 2017
    Northwest Arkansas
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
    1407 times
    I'm interested in this as well. Does it have any limiting effect on the sensitivity of the pinpointer? Great idea!
    devldog and Truth1253 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    10959 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Javadroid View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. Does it have any limiting effect on the sensitivity of the pinpointer? Great idea!
    Not at all works perfect. Iíll let him know.
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    10959 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanphob View Post
    Does he or someone else here make these for sale. If so, I would be interested in buying a couple.
    Iíll ask him fireman
    devldog likes this.

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    357 times
    Wish I had been smart emough to think of doing that. Going to get busy when I get home. My old 3D printer certainly won’t do tht well. Excellent job!
    devldog and Truth1253 like this.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    Hendersonville , TN
    Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
    174 times
    Hey whats up guys ! Thanks Truth for the kind words. Just glad to help out a fellow Detectorist in need.

Those tips are free to download if you have access to a 3d printer.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/Glenn37216/designs

I often give alot of my designed prints away to those who normally would find them useful. However, right now I'm all out of printer filaments.

I should have some filament by early next week. If a few people are interested and don't have access to a 3d printer I will send them 6 or so (mixed sizes) if they just cover shipping. (These will be printed in various PLA colors at 100% infill.)
    Not looking to make money off anything. I only print to fill my desire to help others in need .

I'll post as soon as I get my printer back up and running.

-Glenn

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    10959 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn37216 View Post
    Hey whats up guys ! Thanks Truth for the kind words. Just glad to help out a fellow Detectorist in need.

Those tips are free to download if you have access to a 3d printer.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/Glenn37216/designs

I often give alot of my designed prints away to those who normally would find them useful. However, right now I'm all out of printer filaments.

I should have some filament by early next week. If a few people are interested and don't have access to a 3d printer I will send them 6 or so (mixed sizes) if they just cover shipping. (These will be printed in various PLA colors at 100% infill.)
    Not looking to make money off anything. I only print to fill my desire to help others in need .

I'll post as soon as I get my printer back up and running.

-Glenn
    Hey Glenn what to you recommend to glue/seal it with?

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10524 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would have done it had I a 3d printer, or known anything about one
    WHEN WILL YOU SUBMIT TO MY BRILLIANCE AND IMPROVE YOUR LIFE?

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    Hendersonville , TN
    Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
    174 times
    Goop or e6000 Truth. The e6000 sells at the dollar store market if you have one of those near you. Because pla filament is porous and your pinpointer end is completely worn through , I recommend lightly coating the entire printed tip ..and a little around the top edges. This will water proof it entirely. I really need to print these in ABS for you. That filament is water resistant..and sealant is only needed around the top..

On my Garrett pinpointer i usually goop the on\off button , around the led light and end cap. I once dropped my pinpointer in a lake that was over 25ft deep. (Lanyard broke) I couldn't retrieve it for 2 days. Still worked like new after i fished it out.. Yay for goop ! lol
    Last edited by glenn37216; Jun 15, 2018 at 10:35 PM.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    10959 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn37216 View Post
    Goop or e6000 Truth. The e6000 sells at the dollar store market if you have one of those near you. Because pla filament is porous and your pinpointer end is completely worn through , I recommend lightly coating the entire printed tip ..and a little around the top edges. This will water proof it entirely. I really need to print these in ABS for you. That filament is water resistant..and sealant is only needed around the top..

On my Garrett pinpointer i usually goop the on\off button , around the led light and end cap. I once dropped my pinpointer in a lake that was over 25ft deep. (Lanyard broke) I couldn't retrieve it for 2 days. Still worked like new after i fished it out.. Yay for goop ! lol
    Thanks buddy and yes it seems all we have around here is Dollar Stores and churches

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links