I would like to thank Tnet member and friend glenn37216 for making me these.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinpointer tips he made on his 3D printer. And boy did I need it. Thanks again buddy!!! IMG_3200.JPG

Upvote 0

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does he or someone else here make these for sale. If so, I would be interested in buying a couple.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in this as well. Does it have any limiting effect on the sensitivity of the pinpointer? Great idea!

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had been smart emough to think of doing that. Going to get busy when I get home. My old 3D printer certainly won’t do tht well. Excellent job!

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey whats up guys ! Thanks Truth for the kind words. Just glad to help out a fellow Detectorist in need.

Those tips are free to download if you have access to a 3d printer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/Glenn37216/designs

I often give alot of my designed prints away to those who normally would find them useful. However, right now I'm all out of printer filaments. :-[

I should have some filament by early next week. If a few people are interested and don't have access to a 3d printer I will send them 6 or so (mixed sizes) if they just cover shipping. (These will be printed in various PLA colors at 100% infill.)
Not looking to make money off anything. I only print to fill my desire to help others in need . :thumbsup:

I'll post as soon as I get my printer back up and running.

-Glenn

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey whats up guys ! Thanks Truth for the kind words. Just glad to help out a fellow Detectorist in need.

Those tips are free to download if you have access to a 3d printer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/Glenn37216/designs

I often give alot of my designed prints away to those who normally would find them useful. However, right now I'm all out of printer filaments. :-[

I should have some filament by early next week. If a few people are interested and don't have access to a 3d printer I will send them 6 or so (mixed sizes) if they just cover shipping. (These will be printed in various PLA colors at 100% infill.)
Not looking to make money off anything. I only print to fill my desire to help others in need . :thumbsup:

I'll post as soon as I get my printer back up and running.

-Glenn

Hey Glenn what to you recommend to glue/seal it with?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have done it had I a 3d printer, or known anything about one

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goop or e6000 Truth. The e6000 sells at the dollar store market if you have one of those near you. Because pla filament is porous and your pinpointer end is completely worn through , I recommend lightly coating the entire printed tip ..and a little around the top edges. This will water proof it entirely. I really need to print these in ABS for you. That filament is water resistant..and sealant is only needed around the top..

On my Garrett pinpointer i usually goop the on\off button , around the led light and end cap. I once dropped my pinpointer in a lake that was over 25ft deep. (Lanyard broke) I couldn't retrieve it for 2 days. Still worked like new after i fished it out.. Yay for goop ! lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goop or e6000 Truth. The e6000 sells at the dollar store market if you have one of those near you. Because pla filament is porous and your pinpointer end is completely worn through , I recommend lightly coating the entire printed tip ..and a little around the top edges. This will water proof it entirely. I really need to print these in ABS for you. That filament is water resistant..and sealant is only needed around the top..

On my Garrett pinpointer i usually goop the on\off button , around the led light and end cap. I once dropped my pinpointer in a lake that was over 25ft deep. (Lanyard broke) I couldn't retrieve it for 2 days. Still worked like new after i fished it out.. Yay for goop ! lol

Thanks buddy and yes it seems all we have around here is Dollar Stores and churches [emoji1317]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread