3D Printed MINELAB EQUINOX 600 / 800 STAND

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...for those who keep asking me on Thingiverse for a stand that fits the Equinox ... It's finally here ! :hello2:

I've been testing these for a few weeks and they work great in keeping your detector up out of the muck and mud. These are completely free to download if you have access to a 3d printer. Feel free to comment or make suggestions to the design.

-Glenn

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2939713

Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...for those who keep asking me on Thingiverse for a stand that fits the Equinox ... It's finally here ! :hello2:

I've been testing these for a few weeks and they work great in keeping your detector up out of the muck and mud. These are completely free to download if you have access to a 3d printer. Feel free to comment or make suggestions to the design.

-Glenn

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2939713

Glenn I put up a Thank You post and some where asking if you sell those tips?

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Truth just notice your post. I've been a little busy with work lately so I haven't had time to thoroughly browse the forums. (or go detecting :BangHead: ) Will check out that thread and leave a response soon. ..and thanks for the kind words !

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be careful using the Minelab Logo.. I am sure that is a trademark and you cannot sell them without licensing the use of the logo from Minelab

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn ... nice work! What software did you use to develop the models? I just retired from teaching Drafting and Engineering and taught both SolidWorks and AutoDesk Inventor. I enjoy using both of these programs and am fortunate to have a teaching copy of Inventor on my home computer.

Also, what 3D machine do you have? Mine is a second generation MakerBot (Cupcake Model) that needs to be coddled along to get a good print. I will admit that, when it works, it does a good job but the print area is limited to about 3 x 3 x 3 inches.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful using the Minelab Logo.. I am sure that is a trademark and you cannot sell them without licensing the use of the logo from Minelab

These are not for sale prints. They're free to download.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn ... nice work! What software did you use to develop the models? I just retired from teaching Drafting and Engineering and taught both SolidWorks and AutoDesk Inventor. I enjoy using both of these programs and am fortunate to have a teaching copy of Inventor on my home computer.

Also, what 3D machine do you have? Mine is a second generation MakerBot (Cupcake Model) that needs to be coddled along to get a good print. I will admit that, when it works, it does a good job but the print area is limited to about 3 x 3 x 3 inches.

I mainly used www.tinkercad.com/ for this design. It's super easy to make simple 3d models with tinkercad. Although I do use alot of other 3d model programs...
( Blender, Thingiverse Customizer, Tinkercad, Sketchup, Photoshop, 123D Design, OnShape)

Im not that good just yet to be efficient enough while using them. STILL LEARNING.. and I've been 3d printing since 2014. I just use a lot of persistence in trial and error until I get a model that slices good in Cura. lol

I'm using a Tevo Tornado and a Maker select v2.1 ... I love the Makerbot brand and looked at that cupcake model when it came out a few yrs back.
I eventually want get a Makerbot Replicator or an Original prusa MK3.. both are awesome printers and are wayyyyyy of my price range at the moment. :}

Last edited:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a couple of MakerBot Replicators at school and I really enjoyed using them. I wish I could have absconded with one of them when I retired but someone would have noticed. I got the Cupcake with a grant from a local electric co-op with the understanding that I would retain the equipment at the end of the grant. As I said, its a quirky machine but when it is in a good mood, it does a pretty good job. And, I like printing with ABS rather than PLA.

Thanks for the info about the programs you use. I'll look at TinkerCad. I have Blender but, as yet, have figured out how to use it. Of course, I'm old and don't have the patience that I once did.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- Update on some more 3D prints !

Recently , I just started testing these tips I made for the F-Pulse / Tek-Point pin pointers. I may be giving away a huge batch of these late next week if anyone is interested. (Need some testers before I publish this print on Thingiverse.) This tip protector DOES NOT have any limiting effect on the sensitivity of the pinpointer.

Colors will be red , black or orange and the tips will be 3D printed in ABS for strength and durability. :thumbsup:

Let me know if your interested... I'll be making a short list of needy people and sending a limited amount out for free ! :happy2:

20180618_012036.jpg

hunt2day

Greenie
Jun 22, 2012
Lake County Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2
Tesoro SandShark
Garrett AT
Minelab Equinox
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn,

If you decide to sell the stands I would sure buy one !!!

Quisp

Feb 14, 2011
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett GTA-1000, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glenn,

Very cool stand. I like it. Can you tell me what advantages does the stand give you over just the built-in one below the arm cuff?

Thanks,
Dan

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
These are not for sale prints. They're free to download.

First, great idea, very cool colour as well.

Also happy to hear that they are not for sale; Minelab does not play games when it comes to their Logo, in 2007 they drilled that Serbian based company for producing key fobs. Company was Mile Dragavic, they specialized in counterfeiting all sorts of prospecting gear and military gear.

But a DIY, that is still thankfully legal, but I think if some firms had their way they would love laws against that as well.

Very cool looking, and pretty cool of you to just hand that out like that too.

hunt2day

Greenie
Jun 22, 2012
Lake County Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2
Tesoro SandShark
Garrett AT
Minelab Equinox
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sell them without the logo, I bet a bunch of folks would buy one. It lifts the control box much higher out of harms way.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why do people make anything without adding a beerholder?

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also happy to hear that they are not for sale; Minelab does not play games when it comes to their Logo, in 2007 they drilled that Serbian based company for producing key fobs. Company was Mile Dragavic, they specialized in counterfeiting all sorts of prospecting gear and military gear.
But a DIY, that is still thankfully legal, but I think if some firms had their way they would love laws against that as well.

You are very right Oddjob and thanks for the compliments ! No one likes their company logo used for profit with out their consent. Lucky I'm while I'm hosting my 3d models on Thingiverse I'm under a Creative Commons Liscense agreement . https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
I cannot download the stl's with the intent to sell. Nor can anyone else print my designs and sell them on ebay or elsewhere. If they do ... they fall under a copyright violation and are subject to a punishment by law. (I can, however send them out to people for free if they just cover the shipping fees. )
If I want I can set up a license for a 3d design under commercial use but I have to be careful that it doesn't have a coorperate logo or isn't representing copyrighted material.

I take on of those stands for sure.

Glenn,
If you decide to sell the stands I would sure buy one !!!

I'm getting some sample ABS in next week... I'll send out some stands to you guys for free. Just tell me how their working for you in the fields.. and or if I need to make them a tad taller / skinnier etc . I've been recommending mounting these in front of the control box arm but I may change this. I recently got some feedback from a user and he told me that mounting the stand behind the control arm is better because it stays out of the way of your swinging.

Glenn,
Very cool stand. I like it. Can you tell me what advantages does the stand give you over just the built-in one below the arm cuff?
Thanks,
Dan

..Thanks Dan for the compliments ! The printed stand helps to raise your detector's up out of elements a bit more compared to the stock arm cuff. Often the cuff stand will cause your detector to flp over on uneven surfaces or drop the bottom of your rod end in the mud. the printed stand just gives you a little more height to prevent these annoyances..

why do people make anything without adding a beerholder?
Jeff , I couldn't fit it on the stand but I made a separate Beer holder mount just for you. lol

ScreenHunter 33.png

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, two things about the beer holder ...

First, Jeff, are you sure you want an aluminum can that close to your coil? That may turn out to be like the lesson I learned when pinpointing while wearing my wedding ring.

Next, Glenn, you might want to re-design the beer holder with a gimbal mount so it doesn't spill when you change the angle of the detector shaft. You would certainly hate to spill beer on your detector. :occasion14:

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, two things about the beer holder ...

First, Jeff, are you sure you want an aluminum can that close to your coil? That may turn out to be like the lesson I learned when pinpointing while wearing my wedding ring.

Next, Glenn, you might want to re-design the beer holder with a gimbal mount so it doesn't spill when you change the angle of the detector shaft. You would certainly hate to spill beer on your detector. :occasion14:

It's designed for bottled beer..so no need to worry about coil interference. :headbang:

lmao.. my original design had a gimbal mount but after loading it into a 3D slicer program it was going to be to complicated to print. Not giving up just yet ... I'm definitely going to work on it and when I'm done I'm going to send it to Jeff just to see if he actually drinks and detects. lol ...
-Drunk detecting.. now that is a hilariously funny picture to imagine.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn, that's nice. Any chance of making a quick release mount?

This is a great idea. I can design a stand that slides off of its mount... so you can store it away. I will post some design samples soon. would you like to test one for me ? (stregnth ..durability etc..)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread