What is the most valuable item ever found

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No way, never even try to do it. My best find ever is the knowledge and insight into history while doing the research that leads to good sites. That and learning about those RIO's I've found. (Rusty Iron Objects) I was honestly ignorant about the difference between Ox shoe and horse shoes at one time.

The gold I've piled up is sitting in a couple shoeboxes collecting dust. Rings, bracelets, etc.. Same for the silver. Once you've dug it, stock it and forget it. There's more to be dug. I've posted before some of my favorite finds included rusty opened knives, screws, nails, bullets and broken glass in the city playgrounds. Being an old man with lots of scars I know I've kept a few from happening, that's good enough for me and as good as it gets.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
My most interesting find to date was a watch fob with the inscription of
"Meet me at the WarPath" with the date of 1911 (I think). I found out years after my dughter lost it that it came from a world's fair in Chicago. The find I value the most is a 1861 Indian Head Penny that I carry in my wallet at all times.

T

TimeDog

I think it's to have enough health to go out into the sites to detecting anything, as my health is bad I find value with me having enjoying searching and detecting as even a pulltab as I am alive to be there.

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 321518_367162206733882_1816404295_n.jpg
    321518_367162206733882_1816404295_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 22

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Lowbatts. My most valued item is by far what I have learned through research, my in the field time to dream about what i'm searching for and the memories.

Now, as far as tangible items :D

Coin: 1839-o silver 1/2 dime.

Now to you who are lucky enough to live in an area with a long history this could be thought as 'modern coinage', but for someone who live in Dodge City kansas where 1872 was the beginning, it's a rare find indeed. Indians didn't seem to drop many coins :( Besides, being the only coin ever to be recovered(by anyone) from the long lost Fort Mann(1845-1848), it has a very high value to me.

Jewelry:

Womens diamond ring wedding set with 7 diamonds. Appraised at $1,667.00

Relic:

State Seal uniform button from the coat of Custer. Documented to have been lost in a campaign while stationed at Fort Dodge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions