Metal Detecting reality 2 frustration

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you DirtTguy if had permissions that we're a 100 year old home and struggled to get decent trash. DDid you try the drive way? How about the higher ground in the backyard might grid it after a rain.

OP
OP
DirtTGuy

DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eman1000 yes I tried drive way was just topped with reclaim so not much there. Yes good advice on high ground after rain I will give that a try thanks..HH

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't click on the video - but yes. It can be frustrating. Also fun and occasionally rewarding.

If I am finding enough to buy batteries I figure I am doing well enough.

OP
OP
DirtTGuy

DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes for sure Charlie P

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I very much enjoy digging and hunting vids, just can't grasp the total narration. I apologize coming across as a d##k, I should have simply just moved on instead of griping. Post some pics of some interesting finds with your vids and ill view every one. Ddf.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only responding to this post because you were using a detector that I'm a master at and see that you need a lot more experience with it.
I can always tell the difference between non-ferrous and ferrous and do not get fooled because of understanding the variances in tone.
My settings 95% of the time are Disc.1 at just under 5 (allows all non-ferrous but cuts out iron) and Disc.2 at 7 which will cut out foil, brass, and aluminum.
When relic hunting , I will dig ALL non-ferrous but will use disc.2 at 7 when hunting a modern junky park.
If you're swing speed is too slow, then the crackle of rejected iron will sound better than it is. You shouldn't dig nails or tin if you know this machine well.
The sensitivity is always maxed with the knob on the pulled-out position for most hunts but will push in the sensitivity at the beach or in the woods.
People say that it's unstable with maxed sensitivity but I know it's language and can hunt that way.
With the sensitivity in the "pulled-out" position and cranked to max, you should get a slight threshold hum which is what you want.
It will make your signals better sounding and will give some other advantages that you will only understand with experience.
I completely disagree with your "one sound" analysis of the 1266X. There's quite a complex language to it and I can identify many objects by the signal it gives.
They say you need at least a 100 hours to figure out a detector but I was still learning new tricks with this old fisher years later!
If coins exist in your property, this detector will find them!
Good luck!
Cheers.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
DirtTGuy

DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex