Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a item in an area you hung out as a kid that you think was yours - If you have access to yard where you grew up
I can see you maybe finding many things you lost - match box cars etc.
Certainly post if this is the case and its been yrs since you saw it - but more interested if its something that you lost
in water at a spot you hung out at - maybe you found your own class ring you lost et al
or you went to park or school where you lived and found something you lost while you weren't really looking "for it"
I was thinking back to a red & blue crushed coral pendant I found at a small swimming hole we hung out at
when I was a kid - I remember having one just like it and not remembering what happened to it - had it back when I was like
10 I think and found one like it few yrs back at that spot right where I used to swim - not a common piece - big clunky
thing my cousin gave to me - (it actually is bout the size of a half dollar and has a pot leaf on it - I had it in the 70s and
everything had a pot leaf on it) - I remember when I found it I said "hey...this looks like one I had" since I don't remember
what I did with one I did have and (ive never seen another like this one - was not like it was a common piece of jewelry)
I really have to wonder if it was mine.

Upvote 0

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper - What are you doing awake at 01:24? Anyway, a few years ago I briefly hunted my childhood home. First spot was where our old swing set was (the one where at least one support leg came off the ground when you swung) 4 wheaties in the same hole, either buried there by one of us or dropped on top of each other. Next spot was where the clothesline ran out from the kitchen porch - nothing (I guess my mother was meticulous about checking the clothes for change). Front yard yielded about 6 different keys (must have been when we were coming home after a late night across the border in NY state) a few match box cars (must have been from my kids) and assorted junk. The big find was when they drained the "pond" nearby to repair the dam and my brother found a hockey puck with my initials scratched into it. Pucks were a luxury item for us and there was usually a patch of open water near the dam. We lost a lot of pucks there. Sometimes we'd have to resort to substituting a flattened tin can.

Man, those were some great times! Thanks for giving me a reason to recall them.
HH
dts

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was a child, I buried a jar of coins (mostly pennies) within 20 feet of our back door. I would love to go back to that house and see if i could find it.
Good idea for a thread, looking forward to seeing what others may have found.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If I were to go back to my old neighbor hood I'd probably get shot just for the fun of it. It's gotten rough in that part of town.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a item in an area you hung out as a kid that you think was yours - If you have access to yard where you grew up
I can see you maybe finding many things you lost - match box cars etc.
Certainly post if this is the case and its been yrs since you saw it - but more interested if its something that you lost
in water at a spot you hung out at - maybe you found your own class ring you lost et al
or you went to park or school where you lived and found something you lost while you weren't really looking "for it"
I was thinking back to a red & blue crushed coral pendant I found at a small swimming hole we hung out at
when I was a kid - I remember having one just like it and not remembering what happened to it - had it back when I was like
10 I think and found one like it few yrs back at that spot right where I used to swim - not a common piece - big clunky
thing my cousin gave to me - (it actually is bout the size of a half dollar and has a pot leaf on it - I had it in the 70s and
everything had a pot leaf on it) - I remember when I found it I said "hey...this looks like one I had" since I don't remember
what I did with one I did have and (ive never seen another like this one - was not like it was a common piece of jewelry)
I really have to wonder if it was mine.

Hey Casper

I posted a similar thread 5 years ago. Fun idea

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...ybody-ever-found-something-they-lost-kid.html

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My parents despised raking leaves...so our yard was treeless...which made it the neighborhood playground. 😁 Dad built that house in '57 and when I got my first detector in '80 I, of course, went back and hit it hard. I'm quite certain that several of the pocketful of silvers I found were mine. 😂

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This doesn't involve a metal detector, but a cool recovery anyway. When I was a kid our church had a primitive baseball diamond with a cedar tree for a backstop. Foul balls that went into the tree usually fell on through, sometimes with a little encouragement from shaking the limbs. One ball that went in never fell out, so we moved on. Fast forward many years. I'm out walking with my grown niece who now has kids of her own. That tree is still there and I tell her the story of the lost baseball. I decide to climb up and look for it. Sure enough, in a nest of forked branches rests a long-lost baseball.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - What are you doing awake at 01:24? Anyway, a few years ago I briefly hunted my childhood home. First spot was where our old swing set was (the one where at least one support leg came off the ground when you swung) 4 wheaties in the same hole, either buried there by one of us or dropped on top of each other. Next spot was where the clothesline ran out from the kitchen porch - nothing (I guess my mother was meticulous about checking the clothes for change). Front yard yielded about 6 different keys (must have been when we were coming home after a late night across the border in NY state) a few match box cars (must have been from my kids) and assorted junk. The big find was when they drained the "pond" nearby to repair the dam and my brother found a hockey puck with my initials scratched into it. Pucks were a luxury item for us and there was usually a patch of open water near the dam. We lost a lot of pucks there. Sometimes we'd have to resort to substituting a flattened tin can.

Man, those were some great times! Thanks for giving me a reason to recall them.
HH
dts

I work nights at a government facility - I do back ground checks on people that post on forums
:laughing7:
I do work nights
and do have a Federal job - I have a lot of free time and most of my posts are down in early morning hours
That is really cool finding that puck - I hunted older home for relative of my GF - he had lost a Red sox souvenir
ring he was given at a game -like 35 yrs ago - by his grandfather (since passed) and was almost sure it was in the yard
took awhile but I got it for him - and he is not even a sox fan but happy memory for him
I found some older cars too from like the 60s - he said he never had matchboxes - his brother did - he sent pics
to him and asked if he recognized them and he did - lost them in the 70s. He thought that was awesome that I found them.

Bowman569

Jun 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done several separate cell isolations from a number of porcine lungs and pretty much every time these very thin threads show up in my cultures, sometimes a lot and sometimes not that much cleanmaster

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the early 1960's I had a 10K gold ring with a black stone and my initial on it...an E for Ed. There was a field in back of the house I lived in and us kids played football there in the fall. One day while playing, I somehow lost the ring, maybe when throwing the football or making a tackle. About 10 years ago I hunted that field until I was blue in the face but never found the ring. The hunt wasn't a total loss though because I dug a few bucks in clad and a pair of silver coins....a Rosie and a GW Quarter.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
My brother lost a Lord of the Rings replica ring once when we were kids. I was annoyed with him because it went to a board game. 5 years later when we got into detecting I was doing the backyard for practice (the house was built in the 90s) and found the ring. I asked him about it and he said yes, he does remember having it with him in the yard and that's likely where he lost it.

Not that much of a time difference, but I'm not that old! I'm only 27 so even something lost as a kid wouldn't have been in the ground more than a couple decades.

ohp733

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites DFX, TRX, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister lost a ring back in 69 or 70 at my mother's home taking clothes on hangers out of a car. I went back just a few years ago with my detector and hunted and hunted. I had about given up when I decided to move my search farther out thinking there's no way it traveled this far. To my amazement i found the ring about 12 ft from where I expected it ( she thought it came off when she swept the ring hand under the hung up clothes to keep the long dresses from dragging the ground). We were very glad to get that ring back as it has been my grandmother's. Other than that I found loose change, and various toys including hot wheels and digging tools where I used to play and make roads in the dirt in the space between our house and the unattached garage.

Last edited:

jeffrey65

Jun 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried washing the cells thoroughly with PBS and add fresh medium and after 1-2 days the threads come back, suggesting that this is some kind of organism. I sent a flask containing these threads to a clinical microbiology lab.

jeffrey65

Jun 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried washing the cells thoroughly with PBS and add fresh medium and after 1-2 days the threads come back, suggesting that this is some kind of organism. I sent a flask containing these threads to a clinical microbiology lab.

Any suggestion?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post! I’m really amazed at the stuff I’ve lost in 2007, reordering it and find out I have two of the same thing that I had forgotten about. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread