AT Pro in Zero with Sniper Coil?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen with my own eyes the success a couple of members have had using a sniper coil with the AT Pro in Zero mode. How does this work? Does the small coil go deeper, or a more narrow signal to go between junk? And how does it help you in Zero mode?

I'm doing okay with my AT but like other options. Do I have to buy a Garrett coil or is there another one that's good? Where can I order one and about how much do they cost?

Thanks, Gary

Upvote 0

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used this setup in the past.
the sniper coil does not go deeper but it does have a smaller signal to get in between the trash.
using pro mode zero you are not discriminating any metal - if its metal you will hear it.

i use pro mode custom, iron audio off, iron disc set to 20(for my area - may want to set this higher/lower )
plus if you are in pro mode vs standard you will hear the different tones vs the standards ding sound

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got the 5x8 coil by Garrett and in my experience it can be pretty deep. With a little moisture in the ground it does really well. I always use a little disc. Just does better in my soil. Mild mineralization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread