Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Best Tip Ive heard in 49 years of metal detecting.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Saving For Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    223 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Show me one video of Drayton' hunting the beach. Just one.

Exactly.

I rest my case.

Matt.
    Texas Jay likes this.

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539018999.013654.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	624.6 KB 
ID:	1640186

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    There are many videos of him showing his beach hunting skills. And many videos of him demonstrating techniques and giving tips for detectors and hunting methods. If you need more then subscribe to his YouTube channel and you will find lots. Just because you donít see the surgeon actually operating on your heart does that make him a fake surgeon? Judge the man all you want. His knowledge and experience helps has helped others become better hunters all over because of his passion and humbleness towards the hobby. To call this man a phoney or a liar is just sad and itís too bad that so many people in this world are so negative towards others abilities. Wish you all the best in your future finds.
    Dragonscout likes this.

us
    Jun 2018
    Paducah, KY
    Garrett AT Pro
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARKS View Post
    You know how the old saying goes... Those who know how to metal detect, do... those who don't, write about it... I don't buy his BS either, but you can't tell some of these folks anything, they know it all... thought you knew?

Thats hilarious, since writin 'bout it is exactly what the OP was doin in tha first place by startin this thread.

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nothing wrong with sharing your skills and knowledge to the world. Others see him as threat and a guy who doesnít know what heís teaching or anything about treasure hunting. To each is own. Funny how most people who complain and talk bad about a person they hardly know,..those are the ones that have the most to say. Sad
    Ol' Kentuck likes this.

Oct 2018
    3 times
    WOW, are you hunting in a jewelry store!!! lol

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I donít appreciate the sarcastic remark by someone who has just joined T net. Earn your stripes there Tender Foot b4 you come on here and insult people. If your comment was referring to the remark that others have made about him claiming he owns a jewelry store, find something more original to say next time if youíre gonna come on here and insult people.

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Go and join a different forum if your gonna sign up and insult people right away. You donít get warm welcomes like that.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    15416 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've something to add to this thread. Maybe learned wisdom, though maybe I haven't learned it yet.

There used to be a time I made a whole lot of money on every paycheck - a grand a week was the minimum, then I reached into the better jobs. I traveled the nation as a "Job Shopper" - a buck an hour or more somewhere else and I was on the road again. 67 projects in 29 states in 40 years.

I think it was early '83 saw a MD'ing magazine on a rack in a convenience store, bought a Garrett Master Hunter Deepseeker ADSIII. Monroe, Michigan and off I went. It seemed there was silver everywhere I looked, and I spent hours and hours with that machine. But it had it's limitations. There was a park my ADS wouldn't even peek in. Read a review on the Fisher 1260X, ordered one from Kellyco (got the Garrett from them too), and went in that untouchable park and it cut right through there and my first find was a Walking Liberty.

That opened my eyes to the need of maybe two different machines - long before I got in the water, thus I think you need at least 3 different machines.... I do confess I have 7 machines right now. I guess I'd just say "I can".

Honestly, most of my recent hunting has been using the Tesoro Tejon, just a very capable beep & dig machine. I've used my EQ800 twice.

I never used my CTX up to its' potential, just kept swinging it as beep & dig. That was my initial basis = beep & dig. If I've a solid two way signal, I'm on my knees - simple as that. Maybe I'm unfit for the modern toys. I will say an individual can spend a whole lot of cash chasing dream machines when realistically - there are none.

I was possessed with the passion until '87 when the cops kept coming running me off places - by then I lived in NE Ohio.

Returned to the hobby 5 years ago when I was looking to retire, joined TNet first, bought an elbow cranker (ETrac), then the CTX as it was easier to swing. Sold the ETrac here on TNet and picked up the CTX.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Oct 17, 2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: clarification and spell checking
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    There are many videos of him showing his beach hunting skills. And many videos of him demonstrating techniques and giving tips for detectors and hunting methods. If you need more then subscribe to his YouTube channel and you will find lots. Just because you donít see the surgeon actually operating on your heart does that make him a fake surgeon? Judge the man all you want. His knowledge and experience helps has helped others become better hunters all over because of his passion and humbleness towards the hobby. To call this man a phoney or a liar is just sad and itís too bad that so many people in this world are so negative towards others abilities. Wish you all the best in your future finds.
    Please find me one video on the entire internet of him doing a genuine hunt and i wilk admit I'm wrong

?

Matt.
    Texas Jay likes this.

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    If you need proof of a video to tell you that Gary Drayton is in fact a treasure hunter..then I’m sorry dude. Look at any of his vids. You think he’s some guy just pretending to metal detect and con the world. The man knows everything their is to know about finding treasure. If you think he’s a complete bull maybe you should apply some of his hunting techniques into your hunts and then tell me if it’s bull ****. I don’t understand what is so bs about him he’s not out to pretend or hurt anybody. The man loves to treasure hunt and find gold on the beach just like all of us on here. So why are you so hateful and judgemental for that of him?..that he’s so good at what he does and he constantly finds stuff at the beach?? Many good treasure hunters find more than others do. Look at Chicago Ron. The man is one accomplished hunter himself and finds a pound of gold just on the beaches year after yr. So you may think that it’s bull **** too but there are amazing people in this world, who can do amazing things some are just haters and nay sayers towards them. I’m done with this thread. Too many negatories on here.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Oct 23, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    15416 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Gary Drayton is the real deal, I have one of his books and it's good info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-...V7of2qodDk9nFg
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Jul 2013
    923 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Finally!!! Someone else who also believes in the man on here other than me!! Thank you! I have read his books too and it has taught me some great techniques and skill.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    905 times
    The best tip is, have the right mindset. I will elaborate if needed.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver
    • draped bust silver
    • silver dollar

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    Gary Drayton is the real deal, I have one of his books and it's good info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-...V7of2qodDk9nFg
    They are just short clips.

Show me one single video of him digging and pulling any gold or silver or platinum from the sand.

Just one.

Exactly.

Case closed.

Matt.
    Texas Jay likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links