Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Best Tip Ive heard in 49 years of metal detecting.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27771 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Jest checked out yer boy Calabash on his MD Blog. First thing I noticed is tha huge Kellyco ad with hot links to buy detectors.

He does not work for Kellyco, I know everyone who works for Kellco, he is not paid to do any reviews either.

Below the ads it states "The blog is out of all relation to the manufacturers or sales."
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jun 2018
    Paducah, KY
    Garrett AT Pro
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    He does not work for Kellyco, I know everyone who works for Kellco, he is not paid to do any reviews either.

Below the ads it states "The blog is out of all relation to the manufacturers or sales."

So the big hot links in the ad on his blog that say SHOP NOW don't go directly to a sale site to buy detectors?

Jul 2013
    890 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Maybe it wasn’t disrespectful to you but to me it was.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, ProFind-35 pinpointer, AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Equinox 6" coil. Garrett Carrot
    352 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    If you're new make that 1,000 hours.
    a newbie with the Equinox 800 is likely to give up after 20 hours if they are hunting trashy parks.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27771 times
    So the big hot links in the ad on his blog that say SHOP NOW don't go directly to a sale site to buy detectors?

Anyone can posts links to any vendor site on their blogs, if they go to a non supporting vendor then his blog would not be allowed to be posted on TNet. As stated I know everyone who works for Kellyco and Calabash is not a paid employee nor paid to do detector or product reviews.
    Dragonscout likes this.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    27771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Maybe it wasn’t disrespectful to you but to me it was.
    If you felt it was then you report it to mods and mods decide if it was a rule violation, you do not attack a member and you do not tell them to leave our forums.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    27771 times
    Please let it go and move on Irishgold.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Dragonscout likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Deepseeker, Dowsing Rods
    1037 times
    I reckon ye missed tha part about worth payin fer.

Still laughin.
    I reckon ye missed my earlier post on this (my) thread where I clearly stated that, unlike Gary Drayton and other for-profit detectorists, I don't charge for my writings and tips. You didn't have to pay a penny to read my original post on this thread (if indeed you bothered to read it before criticizing me), did you? One can take my suggestions and advice, from 49 years of detecting, or ignore them. It makes no difference to me. It's a win-win for me either way. If you take them and use them, I get pleasure from knowing I helped someone. If you choose to ignore them, I get the pleasure of telling you "I told you so."
    ~Texas Jay
    A2coins and T.C. like this.

us
    Jun 2018
    Paducah, KY
    Garrett AT Pro
    142 times
    A2coins likes this.

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Saving For Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    199 times
    In the words of Rodney King...."Can't we all Just get along" lol.

Matt.

us
    Nov 2018
    Warner Robins, Ga
    MXT PRO (formerly) - Whatever someone lets me have...or whatever I get enough allowance (the wife gives me) for
    29 times
    To all of you that had com.e ts in this thread I appreciate your input. As a returning noon I would be happy to spend time with each of you to learn more about our sport. As a disabled vet, I laugh,sometimes inappropriately to know my service allows us all the luxury to argue with each other over our collective sport. If any of you ever get to Warner Robins, Ga, the coffee and Krispy Kremes are on me!! And Treasure Hunter you're the bomb-diggity!!!
    Ol' Kentuck and Texas Jay like this.

us
    Jun 2018
    Paducah, KY
    Garrett AT Pro
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonscout View Post
    To all of you that had com.e ts in this thread I appreciate your input. As a returning noon I would be happy to spend time with each of you to learn more about our sport. As a disabled vet, I laugh,sometimes inappropriately to know my service allows us all the luxury to argue with each other over our collective sport. If any of you ever get to Warner Robins, Ga, the coffee and Krispy Kremes are on me!! And Treasure Hunter you're the bomb-diggity!!!

Thank ye fer yer service, Scout, and fer tha luxury ta argue.

Wife sez I'd argue with a fencepost, and obviously she's right, as usual.
    Dragonscout likes this.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    148 times
    Shipwrecks
    So true. In the old days of just turn and go, todays complex detectors are really set up to find stuff and have a good separation of sounds and numbers for each. It is hard when there is red clay soil or lots of iron around to make this work right. And depth of each different thing. Depth can change the sound or number of hits. Only when you really work with it can you say, “ I want to move up to something better”. If there is. Seems like they really have it down now to finding and “ naming” what is down there , fairly good. Like stainless steel bolts and gold rings. Same number. Aluminum beer tabs and gold or silver rings. Old Spanish silver alloy cobs and lots of things. They sound alike. Takes a long time of use to be proficient at it.
    Texas Jay and Dragonscout like this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links