txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the nail aprons but that did not work holding my pinpointer or tools. I then got a tool belt and added a sleeve for my digger and I use the minelab pouch. It works alright but its a little heavy and bulky for me. I know we have some creative people here so I was wondering what you use.

Upvote 0

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
txkickergirl said:
I found this one but its in Scotland and it is 30L that I think is around $60US. I really like the style and pockets. It comes in other colors but since I am a girl I like the pink one. Has any of you seen an apron like this one in the US?

Now that is a pretty apron, but $60 seems a bit steep to me. ( Me being a tight wad and all that)

I normally just use the Kellyco apron and it has lasted over 10 years, with a few minor repair jobs. My pinpointer has a holster that I can hang from the apron string. I recently bought a new apron to replace the old one, yep, another kellyco one. (works for me). [KELLYCO 3-Pocket Coin Pouch]

Happy hunting.

Ray S

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Though 60 dollars does seem a bit steep for a nail apron it is pink and quite fashionable. I wear a nail apron and my pinpointer has its own holster that the string on the apron slides through. I actually lost my first holster and a very nice lady from Tnet sent me hers,apparently she had somehow broken her PP. Im sure you could sew or fashion with wire some sort of holster for your PP and carry your digging tool in your non-detecting hand and if you simply must have pink,you could buy some dye for 2 bucks at wallyworld. If you do go for the 60 dollar nail apron please post some pics.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
wildrider said:
re-tek said:
no "steal me, i'm full of loot" apron here. the way i see it is like this...

apron = that apron is full of loot, he's worth mugging
no apron = that guy didnt find squat

You must live in a high crime area, if you worry about that stuff.

i'm an urban treasure hunter! the more unappealing i look to hoodlums, the better. i usually just coinshoot with high discrimination so most of my finds are coins and easy to store. if i was relic hunting it would be a totally different story.

i have to say that idea of using a skoal can to put coins in sounds nifty!

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
For those who don't chew. We use the container the ICEBREAKER
mints come in. It has a nice little snap lid and doesn't look like
she chews.

Joe

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modified a $8 tool pouch. Trash in the large and clad in the small.. Pillbottle with a wet paper towel folded lengthwise and then fan-folded so each coin has a seperate slot without baning into the others(I hope!).....

Attachments

• kkk.JPG
    kkk.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 108
  • mmm.JPG
    mmm.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 114

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread