R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a gmz that 50khz .this new one is 48khz, so do i really need this one also?
also have a mxt and xlt.
brad

Here is what the factory said "The new GM24k offers exponentially more features than the GMZ. It will likely find more gold due to the ability to adjust the machine for a wider variety of terrain. The GMZ only has an auto ground balance and lacks the ability to tune out really bad ground." Rich

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what the factory said "Single-frequency machines can punch deeper and respond faster than FSB machines. FSB (full-band spectrum) is Minelab's term for their own proprietary multi-frequency detectors. However, the machines only actually use two frequencies at a time. For gold prospecting a dedicated high-frequency machine will outperform FBS due to being specialized." Rich

Well the new Minelab Equinox detectors have a faster recovery time than most or maybe any of the single frequency detectors available. One of the main things about FBS (not FSB) is their ability to not be affected as much by ground mineralization which is a VERY important consideration in many gold fields. I don't know who told you the FBS machines only use two frequencies at a time. Also the Equinox can select any of it's frequencies singly or use multi frequency. If you have ever hunted mineralized soil with a single frequency machine you will be AMAZED at how much better a muti machine will do in such conditions. As far as small targets, there are videos of people recovering tiny shotgun pellets with the Nox in AZ gold country.

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 24K sounds and looks good for the money but I'll stick with my20+ year old Fisher GB2 for gold fields and creeks. I like Crevising (sp) in shallow water. The 24K can probably be utilized in other ways.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread