SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there!

I have used my AT Pro for 2.5 years now and I have not ran into a problem with it. Until my younger brother got his AT Pro. What happened was that we were both detecting a field, he was using the large stock coil that came with his AT Pro and I was using the small coil. I then decided to put on the big stock coil I had in my backpack to get a couple more inches of detection. And thats when both of our machines went nuts! The detectors would stop going crazey when we were 50ft away from eachother. We have tried to but down the sesitivity but it did nothing. And thats my problem! I then put on the small coil and we didnt have a problem.....odd

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the AT Pro have alternate freq's like the F75 where you can flip to another to eliminate the emi caused by the other AT Pro. I know the XP Deus also has that capability.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he said.. I was detecting with a few others over the weekend, and my AT-MAX was acting like that, I switched Frequencies and it stopped.
plus, check to see if your coil connection is good and tight, sometimes they loosen up and can leak EMI.
Also did you do a RESET when you swapped coils?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theirs a freq option to toggle through - I’d try that.

Or simply give each other more space :)

Also - cell phones?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PRO doesn't have the multi frequency option.
When you are talking "smaller coil" ,, are you talking about the 5 x 8 coil? I know when I was swinging a PRO, I could get a Mercury dime at 10 inches., and it was better than the stock coil at separating good targets from trash. If you're going to be hunting with another AT PRO user, use the smaller coil.

OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he said.. I was detecting with a few others over the weekend, and my AT-MAX was acting like that, I switched Frequencies and it stopped.
plus, check to see if your coil connection is good and tight, sometimes they loosen up and can leak EMI.
Also did you do a RESET when you swapped coils?

I did not reset my detector when I switched the coils, that might be it. And yes the connection was nice and tight

OP
OP
SterlingSilverYT

SterlingSilverYT

Nov 24, 2017
Oregon/California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PRO doesn't have the multi frequency option.
When you are talking "smaller coil" ,, are you talking about the 5 x 8 coil? I know when I was swinging a PRO, I could get a Mercury dime at 10 inches., and it was better than the stock coil at separating good targets from trash. If you're going to be hunting with another AT PRO user, use the smaller coil.

Yes I meant the 5 x 8 inch coil. Yes I really like the 5 x 8 inch coil, I put on the bigger coil to simply cover more ground and such.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro can change frequencies to prevent crosstalk, you press and hold the the pinpoint button and use the +- on sensitivity to mildly change the frequency. We use this a lot in club hunts when there are a lot of AT Pros in close proximity. Settings are f1-f4.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
The frequency change is there as Wayne above has stated and can also be used to battle electrical interference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread