Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
First off, companies choose to make their phones in China.
Apple can have their products made anywhere in the world but they come out of Shanghai.
Sure it's a business decision for many logical reasons but it is still their choice.

Second, even though there are plenty of clones out there and some very expensive ones too like some GPX series, (plus others like the T2's), the people that buy these things are usually to blame because they don't do their due diligence and check out the source they are buying from or, in many cases, don't seem to have much common sense.
To assume that everyone that sells these products new are selling real ones is pretty stupid, especially if you decide to buy anything from Chinese vendors, and one reason these things get sold is they are usually sold at fire sale prices way below normal.
For most with common sense this throws up big red flags but for those that don't have that they just believe they are saving a lot of money and are just getting a great deal.

One story I read was about a guy that was heading up a large group of hunters that were all going out gold hunting the next day with GPX 5000's.
The night before he was trying to help out one guy that had a new unit but it wasn't working very well.
It looked perfect but hardly worked at all.
After checking it out and seeing it wasn't working he asked the guy where he bought it.
The guy seemed proud that he found a place where he got a great deal and saved a couple thousand dollars over the regular price when he bought it.
Clueless.
What he spent $2500 on was actually a very fancy doorstop.

There are vids out there of people that bought new but cheap T2's and how ridiculously bad they were.

"There is a sucker born every minute.
You get what you pay for.
If it looks too good to be true it usually is."

Plenty of Chinese sites sell metal detectors but the major manufacturers don't sell through them and I doubt ever will.
Everything sold on EBay and other sites should be suspect and checked out carefully.
All over these forums is good advice about buying only from authorized dealers but some people still think they can do better and save a ton of money buying elsewhere.
They didn't speak up before they spent any money but some sure get vocal after they find out they were ripped off.
I suspect many don't ever say a thing because they are too embarrassed.

If you have common sense about where you buy things I wouldn't worry, if you don't please contact me because I have a few barely used bridges for sale you might be interested in purchasing.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Digger27, that is why I try to buy USA or European stuff. Thankfully U.S, products are getting started now. Maybe a bit more expensive but will last longer in most cases.
USA manufacturing company's needs support from their Citizens. There are good detectors from other countries, just not China.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:notworthy:
Marvin

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Digger27, that is why I try to buy USA or European stuff. Thankfully U.S, products are getting started now. Maybe a bit more expensive but will last longer in most cases.
USA manufacturing company's needs support from their Citizens. There are good detectors from other countries, just not China.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:notworthy:
Marvin

All we need to support US manufacturers is a new detector..... ( COME ON FISHER - HURRY UP)

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread