Anyone interested in joining me? 2-3 month M.D./fishing trip

Callred1975

Apr 21, 2017
Charlestown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Gold Monster 1000, Garrett Propointer AT, and Gold Duster drywasher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I want to preface this post by saying I’m still a newbie when it comes to this site, as well as metal detecting in general...

I’m going on a 2-3 month vacation next spring to either the Outer Banks, NC or Florida. I plan on spending my time beach/shallow water hunting, fishing, and relaxing. I’m still working on all the trip details (I’m basically in the research/planning stage lol), but I have taken the first big step by upgrading my AT pro to a CTX 3030. I had planned on making this a solo trip (none of my friends can take that much time away from work or family), but I’m wondering if anyone on treasurenet might be interested in joining me? I’m either gonna get a travel trailer to stay in or rent a cabin at an RV park.
I’m divorced and my youngest son just graduated high school and starts college this fall, so for the first time since becoming a father 21 years ago, I have the time to travel for more than a week or two at a time. I would have a good time going solo, but it would be cool to have someone interested in metal detecting and fishing to hang with.
In the meantime, I’ve got time to learn the CTX 3030 and plan the trip. I would love some advice or tips from any of you more experienced diggers out there.... best beach to hunt, lodging advice (travel trailer vs cabin), CTX beach tips, etc.
I’m really looking forward to this trip. My oldest son is gonna house sit for me while I’m gone, but I may end up just staying for good. The idea of having the ocean, beaches, and saltwater fishing within minutes of my home sounds like a dream come true to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Callred1975

Callred1975

Apr 21, 2017
Charlestown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Gold Monster 1000, Garrett Propointer AT, and Gold Duster drywasher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking at Craigslist for a used travel trailer for my trip. There are tons of scammers that use that site! I knew it happened, but I had no idea how many and how often. Basically, if you see something for sale on craigslist that’s priced way below market value, It’s a scam. I look once a day trying to find a good deal and have made it a habit to “mark as prohibited” every ad I know is fake. How do those thieves live with themselves?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only I could afford to hope you have lots of fun Im sure you deserve it Tommy

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking at Craigslist for a used travel trailer for my trip. There are tons of scammers that use that site! I knew it happened, but I had no idea how many and how often. Basically, if you see something for sale on craigslist that’s priced way below market value, It’s a scam. I look once a day trying to find a good deal and have made it a habit to “mark as prohibited” every ad I know is fake. How do those thieves live with themselves?
Well Callred,, I retired in 2016. I lived and worked in NYC, all my life. The last 26 years, I worked for NYC Transit. I finally decided that it was time to enjoy myself and get away from the Zoo. I moved to The Pennsylvania Wilds, where I have camped over the years. I bought a house and I now pay less than half of what my rent was in NYC.
I did a lot of water hunting in the summers in NY. I miss the beach hunts but i like not having to worry about getting mugged. I don't know what I'll be up to come next Spring, but I sure would appreciate it if you stay in touch with me,, as your plans develop.
Kevin

OP
OP
Callred1975

Callred1975

Apr 21, 2017
Charlestown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear from you Kevin. I certainly will. Like I said in an earlier post, I’m sure I’ll meet some fellow detectorists when I get there, but it would be nice knowing that someone with similar interests will be there the same time I will. I think it would be fun to get a group of us from Treasurenet to agree to meet up for a week or two of relaxation, socializing, and detecting. Anyone interested in getting a group of us together, let me know. If there are several people interested, I could even look into getting us group rates. Maybe there’s already a group event like this? If there is, someone give me the details so I can look into possibly joining. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread