ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I mostly hunt for coins and jewelry. I have not been bitten by the relic bug. I have seen many videos about relic hunting and they just don't interest me. That being said, I may be ready to change my mind about relic hunting. On Sunday, I was hunting a local school looking for coins and jewelry. I was using the Equinox 800 and digging mostly high tones. About 3 hours into my hunt, I got a high tone with a 21 VDI. I'm thinking another penny, most likely a pre '82 memorial cent. Cut and flip the plug, pinpoint the item and out pops a button. Since the spot I am hunting is right next to the school bus loading area, I figured it was from some kids coat but, something was telling me to take a closer look when I get home.

After dinner that night, I pull out my finds and start sorting them. The button is still nagging me. I clean it (a little) with a soft toothbrush and some warm water. I am now able to make out the writing on the front.......E Pluribus Unum 1834. There is writing on the back, but I cannot make it out.

Monday morning roles around I decide to look at the back again. If I hold the button just right, I can make out True Wh?? 76 & 3?. So, I Google the term and find out it is a political party. The True Whigs of 76 & 34. The party was only active from 1834 - 1860, but 2 of their members were US Presidents, Harrison and Taylor.

I have been unable to find a picture of this button online, so I am not sure if it is valuable or not. Either way it is pretty cool.

Hope you relic hunters can appreciate the button. Does any of you know a website that I can do a little more research on it?

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting.

IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, that's an awesome button. A lot of history there.Congrats :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread