OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meh.... I'd put more stock in his "tests" if comments were enabled and allowed a discussion, instead we get one opinion, stated as the only facts, and no way to open a discussion... to me, that shows a person that is closed minded, and a right fighter...only wants to be right, so don't allow anyone to comment and challenge his assumptions. I don't even bother watching them anymore, lopsided unfair tests in that he doesn't even use same settings or coil sizes etc. Just the results he wants to to see, but let's disable comments so no one can challenge the all knowing...lmao Whatevs, but to me, anyone who disables comments to tell a one sided story, well, they don't have credibility in my book...otherwise, maybe they could learn something instead of thinking they're teaching someone.... but like I said, I just:headbang: keep it moving, but found this thread comical!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meh.... I'd put more stock in his "tests" if comments were enabled and allowed a discussion, instead we get one opinion, stated as the only facts, and no way to open a discussion... to me, that shows a person that is closed minded, and a right fighter...only wants to be right, so don't allow anyone to comment and challenge his assumptions. I don't even bother watching them anymore, lopsided unfair tests in that he doesn't even use same settings or coil sizes etc. Just the results he wants to to see, but let's disable comments so no one can challenge the all knowing...lmao Whatevs, but to me, anyone who disables comments to tell a one sided story, well, they don't have credibility in my book...otherwise, maybe they could learn something instead of thinking they're teaching someone.... but like I said, I just:headbang: keep it moving, but found this thread comical!

Well you start doing them and you can do it your way. Talk is cheap

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah, I just sell them and write articles, I'm not worried about videos... made a few but why bother? LOL Besides, I sell detectors and test them all the time, so no need for kudos from anyone knowhwatimsayin

BUT If I did, comments would be open, you know, in an effort for discussion and not just my opinion?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah, I just sell them and write articles, I'm not worried about videos... made a few but why bother? LOL Besides, I sell detectors and test them all the time, so no need for kudos from anyone knowhwatimsayin

BUT If I did, comments would be open, you know, in an effort for discussion and not just my opinion?

I give kudos where I think it deserves one and there’s really nothing to discuss he’s giving his opinion in his dirt and you take what you want from it. He’s not endorsed by any company and I personally respect his opinion because there’s no skin in the game like PROFIT. When I was undecided between the 800 and the Deus he told me to call him a we had a long discussion and he didn’t know me from Adam. Nice guy.....knowhwatimsayinh

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well then cosign for the dude, your opinion is no more valid than mine, so really I don't care either way, I stated my view and that's not going to change.

Like I said originally, I'd put more stock in it if his vids weren't one sided with comments disabled. To me it shows a person that doesn't want to be open minded, it's his facts because it's his video... I get that, but are they really facts? Some of which are so biased it's comical, which is why I laughed.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then cosign for the dude, your opinion is no more valid than mine, so really I don't care either way, I stated my view and that's not going to change.

Like I said originally, I'd put more stock in it if his vids weren't one sided with comments disabled. To me it shows a person that doesn't want to be open minded, it's his facts because it's his video... I get that, but are they really facts? Some of which are so biased it's comical, which is why I laughed.

Well now....A "Discussion" is what your having now, is it not?, and "One sided opinion", and not being "open minded?". The only one I get that from is, well "you" Ozark. It must not be easy being "you".

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I personally believe that Calabash's video's are legit and are aimed at trying to educate or help others with questions regarding different makes or models of detectors that he does his comparison side by tests on. What impresses me, is that he is not being paid to do these comparison tests. He jokingly commented in one video that he hasn't as much as received a Minelab hat from Minelab. He still states that the Deus is his no. 1 go to machine, but he gives I believe to be an honest and straight forward test on the different models he's used and compared. As Truth stated, he will take time and answer any questions you may have concerning the different models and settings. He has answered several emails that I had sent him and is both helpful and knowledgeable in the field of metal detecting. One thing that we can all agree on is that this is America and we have the freedom to agree to disagree. This is what makes us Americans and this is what makes us free.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You’re a perfect example of why he blocks comments. Some people don’t have the self awareness to know when to shut up.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally believe that Calabash's video's are legit and are aimed at trying to educate or help others with questions regarding different makes or models of detectors that he does his comparison side by tests on. What impresses me, is that he is not being paid to do these comparison tests. He jokingly commented in one video that he hasn't as much as received a Minelab hat from Minelab. He still states that the Deus is his no. 1 go to machine, but he gives I believe to be an honest and straight forward test on the different models he's used and compared. As Truth stated, he will take time and answer any questions you may have concerning the different models and settings. He has answered several emails that I had sent him and is both helpful and knowledgeable in the field of metal detecting. One thing that we can all agree on is that this is America and we have the freedom to agree to disagree. This is what makes us Americans and this is what makes us free.

GOD BLESS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD [emoji631][emoji1317][emoji631]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youtube is now an extension of this hobby for many. About the last thing I would ever do is a detector review video, however I have watched many... mainly for the purpose of getting to understand the features and settings when I was new to the detectors. (I use a Deus and an Equinox as backup)

I'd say he disables the comments to not have to deal with the people who care a whole lot more than he does, and get excited about nothing. And some people don't need a pat on the back as much as others.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another reason why I won't pit one machine against another,,

How dare you think you know more than me when it comes to this hobby,, lmao

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd like to think IMHO that I'm outstanding in my field......or a field......or maybe the woods. Lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth1253, I enjoyed the video, looks like it was a fun day! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread