1958 Nova Scotia licence plate

TreasureAnn

Jul 15, 2018
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
58' Nova Scotia plate, ox jaw bone, glass and shards. In the back yard down an embankment. Different "dump" sites were used in different eras, the closer to the house is the oldest. Dating to 1800's. The further I go from the house, it gets newer. What could not be reused or considered unusable was tossed as there was no garbage pick-up back then, my own observations. I have yet to find where the outhouse was, I've heard that lots got dumped in there and not just..you know what.

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_135456.jpg
    IMG_20180801_135456.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is the first ox jaw bone pic posted on this site? Is the license plate just dirty or is it badly rusted? I think most people would be thinking about digging under this stuff for older bottles. Good luck!

OP
OP
TreasureAnn

TreasureAnn

Jul 15, 2018
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is rusted, found it under leaf litter with the Garrett Ace 250. It was not buried. There are lots of bottles in the dirt though, some nice perfume bottles too. Thanks!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even rusted and bent, I would still keep it to show off - maybe in a garage or outbuilding.

I would look for the outhouse too, and hunt the path between it and the back door for items dropped in the dark. When I hunt old homes for coins, my first two questions are: 1. Where was the outhouse, and 2. Where was the clothesline? If i was a bottle hunter, my questions might differ (low spots, areas too wet to farm, etc)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some bottles are really collectible
Most of the early Avon perfume bottles are usually marked "avon" and are easily identified online and on Ebay.

OP
OP
TreasureAnn

TreasureAnn

Jul 15, 2018
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, some pretty shapes and really tiny ones. :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that is the first ox jaw bone pic posted on this site?

Could be. The jaw is not usually where I look to tell if it is a whole bull or an ox. ;-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic finds! :occasion14: Those bottles may be of some value plus display nice in windows. Lots of people like the old plates, some restore and some display as found.

OP
OP
TreasureAnn

TreasureAnn

Jul 15, 2018
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Thank you Doc, I have some nice blue bottles on my kitchen window sill. The oldest plate I have found is 1931. I googled cars of 1931, so classy looking :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread