Do u set sensitivity low when at the park...

rattail-1927

Aug 8, 2018
New South Wales
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 , cheaply pinpointer, KT-6808 tumbler
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I’m a newbie here ! I’ve only been detecting a few months mostly beaches and wanting to move into parks etc , there are plenty of articles, utube videos, photos etc , From what I gather most targets are no deeper than 3-4” .
My question is do u set sensitivity low when at the park so as not to go too deep so as out of reach of your popper and then you need to use the plug method instead.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I’m a newbie here...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Australia for information directly related to your country.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question Rattail, and welcome here. To answer your question, "perhaps yes, and no." Meaning it's a judgement call, if after say a large event, and your not looking for anything older, just hopes for perhaps rings, or bracelets, recent change?, sure you can lower it, and not be bothered as much by older deeper pull tabs etc. But if looking for older coins and things, then detect as usual, whatever sensitivity will allow, and if ground is not like cement in the summer.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. Also in parks I never carry a shovel. It gives the impression of deeper digging. Park managers and attendants Don't care for that. Although there are deeper targets there just learn where you are and what tools you can use without drawing to much attention. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

rattail-1927

Aug 8, 2018
New South Wales
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 , cheaply pinpointer, KT-6808 tumbler
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome guys, I wanna “blend in “but I think my detector will give me away , im really just want to get change and maybe rings or change, I seen the screwdriver method so I only want something 2-3” deep for a start till I work out or get kicked out lol

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, if all you want is surface to 4" deep, knock the sensitivity down. If you want to just find coins, bump the discrimination up to just under your lowest conductive coin. if you want gold, you'll need to dig everything in the non-ferrous range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions