Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,
Looking at upgrading my Ace 350 since my coil is cracking, need a new pinpointer and headphones.
Looking at Whites MX Sport, Garrett AT Pro and Makro Kruzer. Also looking at Whites Treasure Pro just because of the value!
Please let me know your thoughts and experiences
Thanks

Upvote 0

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of your list I would choose the NOX 600. and Whites TRX. Pls. excuse me I have a tendency to read between the lines.:laughing7:

jmartins413

Jan 1, 2018
Chicopee MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had an AT Pro for 5 years and have been very satisfied with the results. The only problem I have had with the at AT Pro is that I have found it very hard to use in the ocean. If I were you I would get a minelab equinox 600. AT Pros go for about 550$ and the equinox 600 goes 650$. The equinox 600 is newer and works way better than the AT Pro in salt water.

OP
OP
Nick79

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No multi Kruzer users here? Those are 600 too

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the type of hunting you do. I have both the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer. One is better at some tasks or sites and the other is better at other sites. Would help to know where you prefer to do most of your hunting.

OP
OP
Nick79

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Depends on the type of hunting you do. I have both the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer. One is better at some tasks or sites and the other is better at other sites. Would help to know where you prefer to do most of your hunting.
Good point Tom, I do most of my hunting in the woods and around creeks, and some in parks. Thank you

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own two of the four the OP mentioned (MMK and MX Sport).

I have more time on the MX Sport, so I'm a bit more used to it. Both machines would be excellent for the types of hunting that you mostly do. The MMK is lighter in weight and has the added benefit of multiple frequencies. Both machines are waterproof and both will go deep. I think the MMK is the faster machine, but I think the MX Sport is the easier machine to use (probably due to my having more time on that machine, and owning other Whites machines that I use a lot).

While heavier, the MX Sport is easy to swing (IMO). I prefer the screen of the MX Sport - easier for me to understand and see. The MMK's screen is very nice too, but a bit more crowded in my opinion.

If I were forced to choose one over the other I'd fight back as hard as I could. If that failed I'd probably go with the MX Sport - but only because I'm more familiar with it. I do not feel as though the MMK is less capable in any manner - in fact the MMK is probably the more capable machine (thanks to the ability to change frequencies).

I don't have anything negative to say about either machine.

I do not own an AT Pro. I have had the opportunity to swing one briefly. My only real complaint is the very small screen - I have real difficulty seeing it without my glasses.

I have zero experience/knowledge of the Treasure Pro. I assume the screen is very similar to the MX Sport and that it operates in a very similar manner too. I could well be wrong about that assumption.

OP
OP
Nick79

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you, that is great input! Those were the reasons I liked the mx sport when I saw the u tube vids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread