Bout died last week. Need friends to search with.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to detect all the time, had a hunting buddy local and we went out a lot for a couple years.

We had a falling out because I was fed up with his selfishness, called him out on it and I haven’t hunted much since about March/April.

SOOO- I have been riding my motorcycle a lot instead.

On the 23rd I crashed. Went to ER, and spent a few days in the trauma center. Lacerated spleen, broken rib, left leg caught under the bike- swollen like a sausage and purple.

I’m alive, extremely sore, feel like people are stabbing me with knives in several spots when I try to move, cough, laugh. But I am getting better slowly every day.

I’ve been riding motorcycles since I was a little kid on a dirt bike, decades. I love it- but I never want to be in this pain again, or worse. Never want to put my wife through this again.

I live in NWNJ- just west of Hackettstown right outside Washington 07882.

If anyone is somewhat local and could use a hunting partner, or even a decent drive on a weekend is fine, I like adventure.

I would really like to get back out to detecting once I am able, and I plan on selling the bike.

IMG_2383.JPG

Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I had a CBR900 and just about got killed by a Utility vehicle moved out the way by seconds that was enough to sell it. You know what they say there’s two types of riders one that’s gone down and one that hasn’t gone down yet. Good luck to you my friend and get better.

1980 YZ80 IMG_2040.JPG
Those where the days :)))))

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a 3 wheeler and good luck

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, sometimes it’s impossible to keep the rubber side down. Glad you can still walk among us. Best of luck with the healing process.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yz 80 love it

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to detect all the time, had a hunting buddy local and we went out a lot for a couple years.

We had a falling out because I was fed up with his selfishness, called him out on it and I haven’t hunted much since about March/April.

SOOO- I have been riding my motorcycle a lot instead.

On the 23rd I crashed. Went to ER, and spent a few days in the trauma center. Lacerated spleen, broken rib, left leg caught under the bike- swollen like a sausage and purple.

I’m alive, extremely sore, feel like people are stabbing me with knives in several spots when I try to move, cough, laugh. But I am getting better slowly every day.

I’ve been riding motorcycles since I was a little kid on a dirt bike, decades. I love it- but I never want to be in this pain again, or worse. Never want to put my wife through this again.

I live in NWNJ- just west of Hackettstown right outside Washington 07882.

If anyone is somewhat local and could use a hunting partner, or even a decent drive on a weekend is fine, I like adventure.

I would really like to get back out to detecting once I am able, and I plan on selling the bike.

View attachment 1627448
Wow! first thought was sure glad he had a bucket on!!!!

Bet you are too. Keep getting better!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...hope you get healed up soon, and glad you had your skid-lid on! Been riding over 30 yrs, and have found out at least 2 things out about some people in cars..1- They don't see you...2-They see you but don't care. Good luck getting better and finding a new hunting buddy, I've had to give a couple the boot for back-dooring me on one of my best permissions. Ddf.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, this could have been a lot worse, but I'm glad it wasn't. Here's hoping you make a full and speedy recovery. Best of luck to you getting back into detecting and finding a hunting pard.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are on the road to recovery!

GL & HH

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loaned my 900 Ninja Daytona to my riding buddy and best friend one week before High School Graduation. He did not make it. I named my son after him and miss him everyday. I have not been on a street Bike since. Well over 30 years. There are two types of riders those that have been down and those that will go down. It happens, you are fortunate.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sucks you ain't closer man! I struggle with the same thing. Had 2 hunting buddies for years, but for whatever reasons, they don't get out any and i'm typically hunting alone ( Sad music playing)

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there. The pain will get better in time but more than anything it just wasn't your time and maybe someone else will read your post and sell their bike before something happens.
Sold mine after getting some weird feelings about riding. Glad I did cuz like people say it's not if you go down, it's when you go down.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you make it back soon. I've got a hunting buddy but he works and I hunt alone most of the time. I've got some good premissions and some better prospects but they are in really questionable locals. I carry most of the time but with that said, I really had rather have another detector with me. I assume a lot of us are in that position.

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, I'd like to find someone along the NC/SC border coast!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a beautiful Harley. Every time (almost) I went for a ride, some YO-YO would either pull completely out in front of me or look as if they would at any moment. One day, this young kid comes to a stop, looks both ways, then burns out right in front of me. I swerved around the back of his car, nearly taking my right leg off on his rear bumper. Missed by 2 inches. I proceeded on, and in a few miles, another YO-YO pulls out, sees me, then stops, in the middle of the road, appoligizing, as I swerved around the front of him, into oncomming traffic. Another near miss. At that moment, I began to wonder how much of a loss I would take from selling my Harley. I actually did okay, however, two weeks later, but any price was fine, as opposed to dying at the hands of a YO-YO, which is the inevitable outcome when driving amongst them, unprotected. My Dodge Cummins Ram will turn them into mincemeat pie, if they pull out in front of me. That is the only advantage I feel comfortable with, when it comes to YO-YOs. If you have a street bike and you ride it regularly, please check the organ donor box. Other motorcycle riders are depending upon you to do so. Remember, the life expectancy of a rider in Phoenix is 7 years.
96 Stay on the trail 96

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread