Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, hope every one is well and having good hunts. My last hunt and finds i posted has raised some suspicion by one or two of the members as to if my finds are real or fake. I only joined the forum to share my finds and make some new friends, not to post fake finds. i have therefore decided it will be better to withdraw my self completely from this forum to avoid these sort of suspicions. So this will be my last post and visit to the forum.

Hope everyone has good health and many good hunts in the future.

Kind Regards Brendan

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone report a post that the Moderator has been replying too? That makes a lot of sense..

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother I found a Filipino coin in my little bitty town in the US. I have no problem believing your finds are legit. Keep hunting and keep posting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone report a post that the Moderator has been replying too? That makes a lot of sense..

I read many dozens of posts a day, the vast majority on a smart phone using Tapatalk, when I am reading new posts the forum it is in is light gray and easy to miss seeing what forum post is in. You can easily report a post which brings it to all mods attention.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I' seeing this Post.

Brendan I liked your above post to Get your attention, Not to Like your Decision.

Most Importantly, See this Rule : TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?
[h=2] ABOUT THE AUTHENTICITY OF FINDS POSTED AT TREASURENET
[/h]

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected.

Feel Free to Report Anyone who attacks your Finds :coffee2:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like miscommunication all the way around to me. I don't see any accusations, just poorly worded questions and comments. Apologies were given. Maybe it's time for acceptance and to move on to more important things, like finding treasure! :icon_thumright: No reason to leave. Stay and show us your great finds.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the United States of America we are allowed to have opinions, but sometimes those opinions are best kept to oneself.

So very true. We do have the right to express our opinions but, as you said, not every opinion needs to be stated. I always taught my students that, just because you CAN do or say something doesn't mean that you should. Sometimes silence is golden.

As Free-Bird-Tim said, "I would never stop posting here because of the few haters on this site. My views on guns and hunting annoy quite a few posters, but I could care less. The more they harass me, the more I give it back. Never let them win by going away. Just my take on it..."

I have to agree with him. Granted, I've gotten into some whizzing matches with Tim but, at the end of the day, I try to not say things that are deliberately hurtful; rather, I enjoy the arguments ... sometimes just for the sake of making me think about what I am saying and how I can best defend my position. Sometimes I find that I have to change my opinion in the face of facts and well-reasoned comments.

I have to agree with others on this thread. Don't go just because one (or a few) ill tempered and, perhaps, ill informed voices make accusations based on a lack of facts on their part. Your posts may be just the education they need to realize that the world is a much bigger place than they imagine.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay! Staaaaaaayyy!!! Good Boy! 😁

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an old saying, to thy own self be true. Doesn't really matter what others think. Sad part is, that there are people that post fake finds, I never could understand such dishonesty. Fact is some are sicker than others. I think one of the guys posted the link to say the other guy broke the rules. I suggest you pay them no mind and continue to enjoy yourself and post whatever you want.

I’m a friend of Bill W and you’re absolutely right.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you leave us now you take away the biggest part of tnet ooowhooo now baby please don't go!!!!OOOO oo whoo I just want you to stay Dedicated by Chicago

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't let the view of one contaminate the view of many. You have and always will be our friend. Your voice counts here as do your finds.
One is none. Two are one..

Last edited:

NEPA History

Apr 12, 2018
Wyoming Valley, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't stop posting. Some people are just jealous or like to start problems. You know what you found and where you found it, that's what counts. I know some people will post fake finds, I see it on YouTube sometimes too. Don't know why people feel the need to do it, maybe it's just an acceptance issue or something..lol. But don't let those kinds of people or a few trolls keep you from sharing your finds and your hobby here in this forum..just let the moderators handle it. Hope you reconsider!

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
xterra 705, nox 800 , nox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont take too personal my friend , its online forum :notworthy:
Most of our friend very positif vibe , look my post finds also you willbe happy haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread