Help w/ Metal Detecting Find

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I am new to metal detecting. I wanted to practice using the metal detector and thought my backyard would be a good place to start. I didn't expect to find much of anything really. And I didn't find much, except for a couple pennies and a few nails. Until one day, I started digging and found some bottle caps, vintage glass medicine bottles, marbles, toy cars, a state tax coin, and fragmented bones. And that's just a portion of the items. I should also mention that all of the items in this hole had all attempted to be burned. Here I am one day, whining how I never find anything. And the next day, I have an excavation site in my backyard! There was so much stuff I couldn't believe it! Most of the items are easily identifiable. However, there are some that I need help with. I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. Please and thank you. :)

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
belt buckle????? hooe you find more goodies

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
My home was built in 1963 and came with a trash incinerator out back. What you have found is not uncommon. Can't help with the ID on the pic'd item but my guess is it's a name tag for some item that had reached the end of it's usefulness at the time.
GL & HH ALL!

OP
OP
M

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just so happen to have the padlock that's missing the front. Thank you!

OP
OP
M

MJBTGLIS

Sep 19, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the items were in a barrel or trash bin. Everything was just in a huge fire pit. But the trash incinerator thing sounds right, especially for the time. But I'm confused as to why someone would burn marbles, toy cars, glass bottles (that did not melt), state tax coin, etc.? The pit wasn't weird, just some of the items in it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions