Detech 5" Excelerator DD for MXT family?

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone run this coil? I need a bitsy little coil for an EXTREMELY trashy park that I have been pounding with my M6. I've pretty much crossed the 4x6 Eclipse off the list, as mostly everything I've read says the Eclipse 5.3 kicks its butt in mild soil.

I was planning on getting the 5.3 concentric, but now I see that I can get The Excelerator DD for less than half the cost, used. I have not found much information about this coil, so I was hoping that someone here has experience with it. Thanks!

PS: Yes, I have a Compadre, but everything noteworthy I have dug out of this park seemed a little too deep for it. Plus, I love my M6 and it needs a new coil. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detech 5" Excelerator DD for MXT family?

I have the 5 inch Excelerator DD for both my Whites MXT and Minelab Etrac. My experience is that it certainly does get in between the trash, BUT you need to swing it slow and really listen to the tones to find the goodies hiding amongst the pull tabs, etc. In terms of depth, it obviously won’t go as deep as your stock coil simply due to its size. Overall I am pleased with the performance of the coil though and it has a place in your coil arsenal.

OP
OP
DiamondDan

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your input. Can't wait to see how the M6 runs with something smaller than the 6x10!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions