Rryan

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2018
Morgantown wv
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and I'm new to metal detecting. I own an ace 400 but already thinking of moving up to a deus or minelab 800. I've only been at it for about a month and a half and absolutley love it
Any advice to a Nobey? How to gain people's trust and get permissions would be very helpful. Anybody out there have a round about date for this button? Thank you guys and I look forward to hanging out here in the future. 20181002_115155.jpg 20181002_115155.jpg 20181002_115201.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet cool find on the button i have no idea how old it is and this is a great place for info

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Rryan! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOULD SAY AROUND MID TO LATER PART OF THE 1700S

OP
OP
R

Rryan

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2018
Morgantown wv
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! That's what I thought from all the investigating I did but it's always nice to get a second opinion. Thanks friendly Ghost.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask friends - family - co workers that have old houses/property
next ask - friends - family - co workers if they know of anyone that has an old house/property
next - look for old houses/property in your town and door knock - they are more likely to
let you being a towny than to someone out side the area - old farms is one of the best
places -I think_ for newbies to score old stuff - if that is what you want to find - WV
probably has farms that go back to late 1600s or at least early 1700s - so you find an old
farm - you got possibly 300 yrs of possible finds there
next - ask any hunters if they know of any cellarholes and old roads they have come across
research those areas - do google searches for cellar hole and put in town name or county name
you may come up with some leads - I come across leads from everyday hikers that post on line that they were hiking a mountain and came across an old foundation here or there
look up sites that have had any military action in your area - national parks and state parks are off limits
but sometimes you can get permissions outside their boundaries

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread