Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: What is your favorite detector and why?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Whites m6 Garrett ATPro
    705 times
    Metal Detecting
    My all time favorite was the White's Eagle II that I bought in 1989 and used until 2014. I found tons of good things with it and it never had any repairs. I decided to treat myself to a new machine in 2014 and bought White's M6 and that machine has also found a ton of stuff. In October 2018 I won a Garrett AT Pro at a seeded hunt and have been using it on my hunts. So far I like it, but the jury is still out if I'll like it more than the White's machines.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Like others who have detected for decades, my favorites have changed over the years. Each "upgrade" improved my quantity and quality of finds, and usually ergonomics and enjoyment of using it. My first machine, a cheap BFO unit, found me lots of silver and made me more money than my job back when I was a teenager making $1.65hr doing it. Once I got a real good machine years later (White's Eagle 2 SL90) I didn't think anything could do better than that, until I tried to hunt salt water beaches with it. Enter the Excalibur. What a difference! It opened up a whole new world of detecting and became my favorite for that venue. That was my first Minelab and got me thinking.....what kind of land machines do they have? Once I got the Etrac, it became my favorite and the Eagle stayed in the closet. Now with the Nox, with it's speed, light weight, and versatility, it's becoming my best friend. There were many other machines in between the ones I mentioned, but, these ones stick in my mind the most.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links