Best metal detector for forest and field hunting?

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks, I have been away from the hobby for a while since my metal detector was stolen from my storage garage a few years back during a move. Today I have been reading the forums and started to get an inch to squeeze in some hunts before the ground freezes here in michigan.

I jumped the gun, and ordered a tesoro mojave off amazon, but I think I may have made a mistake. Although I will be hunting some campgrounds, I will also be hunting in the woods and fields where heavy grass and leaves may pose a proplem.

So what is your guyses take on a metal detector that performs well in these types of areas?

Upvote 0

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodsey, if you want that Tejon to be an absolute beast then get yourself the 10x12 coil for it. Completly changes the machine.

Before getting a G2 id look hard at the F75+ package deal. I got one a month ago for $535.00 shipped. Basically just got an Ltd f75 for under $400 since it comes with an f pulse and a quality hand digger.

OP
OP
Woodsy

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodsey, if you want that Tejon to be an absolute beast then get yourself the 10x12 coil for it. Completly changes the machine.

Before getting a G2 id look hard at the F75+ package deal. I got one a month ago for $535.00 shipped. Basically just got an Ltd f75 for under $400 since it comes with an f pulse and a quality hand digger.

Where in the heck did you find an Ltd for $535? Everyone is selling them for 700 with no pinpointer?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where in the heck did you find an Ltd for $535? Everyone is selling them for 700 with no pinpointer?

It's the F75 plus combo deal. Ill send a pm to you about who to call.

OP
OP
Woodsy

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the F75 the same as the T2?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the F75 the same as the T2?

The F75 has more bells and whistles. The T2 is more of a relic machine with the disc setup. Ive never swung a t2 but people who have both claim they have a different feel from one another. For the price difference in the two the F75 seems to be the better value but that is just my opinion. Both are nice units. That F75 plus deal is hard to beat. Oh....also theres a coupon to send the machine back in before 5 years for a full tune up + cleaning of it too. Nice gesture by First Texas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread