Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bigmike
  • 2 Post By cudamark

Thread: Any advice on PI detectors?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2007
    18 times

Any advice on PI detectors?

Hello everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a PI detector. I was looking towards a sand shark, but heard they went out of business so getting parts/warranty service may be an issue. My next option I am checking out is the Garrett SeaHunter Mark II. Anyone have any opinions and or advice on these. I like the price ranges of these models and since I am a novice I don't really want to jump into something super expensive. I will be diving in lakes and also taking trips to the beach here on the west coast. Just wanting to see what you guys with a lot of experience may suggest. Thanks,

Mike

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19723 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum. Fortunately, Minelab has made Multi-Frequency VLF, affordable at $650.00 with the Equinox 600 3720-0001 | Minelab Equinox 600 | Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

The Garrett is a POS. I used the Sand Shark for many years - loved that machine, until I got my Equinox. Best of luck to you!

Jan 2007
    18 times
    Thanks Terry, appreciate the info. I will check them out right now! Have a good night.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If you're going deeper than 10 feet, you can forget the Equinox. Otherwise it's the best of the bunch. For diving (deeper than 10 feet) and no discrimination, the cheapest one I would recommend is the White's dual field. If you would like discrimination, The CZ21 is the cheapest of that type and a good machine. I prefer the Excalibur for a number of reasons, but, I realize it might be above your budget. If Tesoro reinvents itself, the Sand Shark is a good PI machine and a relative bargain.
    Terry Soloman and sonofdust like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    New to treasure net hello every one just another crazy treasure hunter

Oct 2018
    Florida cocoa beach
    Whites surf master PI Garrett at pro pin pointer
    76 times
    Get the new whites surf master pi whites has great customer service I would atleast just look at a review of the machine

Jan 2007
    18 times
    Thanks for the advise guys! I will check them out. I noticed a couple but the depth range was too shallow for what I am wanting. I haven't seen how deep the whites surf master goes but will check it out. I am going to be diving lakes and ocean. Off the coast I am in 50 plus feet so I would like something that can go to 100' to be safe. Thanks again!

Mike

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    15264 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    With the MK-II I hope you like digging DEEP holes.

GOD Bless

Chris
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM ?

Anger is what keeps you emotionally lost in your head and blind to reality.

A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it.

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Jan 2007
    18 times
    Hi Chris,
    Isnt that a good thing having to dig deep holes? I am still researching and am leaning toward the sand shark. Not set in stone yet but its my number 1 pick so far. What are your recommendations?
    I have seen the Garrett Infinium LS also but read that it was discontinued, but it had excellent reviews. Not a fan of buying something that isn't made anymore in case of issues that cannot be fixed. I appreciate all the advise from you guys! It helps when you have different opinions because it forces a person to really research and see what is important for them so they can make a good decision. Thank you.

Mike

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    15264 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Isnt that a good thing having to dig deep holes? I am still researching and am leaning toward the sand shark. Not set in stone yet but its my number 1 pick so far. What are your recommendations?
    I have seen the Garrett Infinium LS also but read that it was discontinued, but it had excellent reviews. Not a fan of buying something that isn't made anymore in case of issues that cannot be fixed. I appreciate all the advise from you guys! It helps when you have different opinions because it forces a person to really research and see what is important for them so they can make a good decision. Thank you.

Mike
    Mike,I used mine for hookah diving I really enjoyed being underwater the MK is a deep seeker and have found gold and silver(along with bb's and bobby pins) sadly I had to give it up due to an inner ear problem.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM ?

Anger is what keeps you emotionally lost in your head and blind to reality.

A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it.

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5561 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    Hi Chris,

Mike
    At least Garrett is still in business. If you're willing to spend $1200 on an Infinium, why not spend $300 more and get an Excalibur or CZ21?
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links