Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Hillsborough BBQ in Hillsborough, NC (one of the colonial capitals of the state), I ran into a friend who is a land developer. During the course of the conversation, he mentioned that he had just purchased three lots where some houses had stood and that he was going to build new houses there. I asked him for permission to search before he started building and he said, "sure".

A little research showed that the buildings that had stood on the lots were all early-mid 18th century homes.

The owner says that I have until January to do what I need to do on the lots so I've got my next few weeks planned. This will give me a chance to use and, hopefully, understand my EQ-600. Looking forward to the search. Tomorrow is grass cutting day on the lots.

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tear it up! Can't wait to see what you find:icon_thumleft:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck! Hope you score big! 🙌

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waiting for the day a land owner invites every one on tnet to detect thier land they wont have to till it lol

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck dig plenty of holes ,....

OP
OP
S

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waiting for the day a land owner invites every one on tnet to detect thier land they wont have to till it lol

I agree with that thought. In a previous post, I suggested that developers open their properties to detectorists for the period from when they purchase the property till they get permitting completed and are ready to start construction. I know there would be legal issues but I am equally sure that most detectorists would happily sign away any liability on the part of the land owners.

I hate to see potential history destroyed before anyone had a chance to reveal it.

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally agree with Stringtyer the site I got booted from there is possibly artifacts related to the very beginnings of this great country, I have hooked up with a builder who is more than happy to allow me to search heading to Gulph Mills Pa tomorrow it’s the location of Hanging Rock where Washington and The Continental Army had an encampment for 7 days before proceeding to Valley Forge for the winter

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you on your new permission sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread