How many detectors do you own and use of them

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be old questions, but thought I'd ask. How many detectors do you own? Do you own just one make of detector? When out detecting, do you take more than one detector? I own 3, a Garrette Freedom 3, 29 years old, the detector I cut my teeth own, AT Pro, my first serious detector, now getting a Equinox 800 this week. Time to spend some $$$. OOPS, forgot a couple, a $50 Radio Shack, it did OK. One I still wish I had. Back in the 60's I had a surplus green WW2 detector. Dug lots of minie balls, but it hated wet ground.

Upvote 0

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6 total. 4 that get the most use in order are EQ800, F75+, Tesoro Tejon, wife's EQ600. Also have a BH tracker iv and Tesoro Conquistador.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Safari is my go-to machine and always will be. It’s been nothing but good to me.

I also own a Tesoro sand shark, which is my water machine. It goes DEEP as most of you know, and has a lifetime warranty... what’s not to like with a water machine?

For fun, I also own the minelab go-find 66 which is my trunk machine. Doesn’t go very deep, but it’s great for the beach for recently dropped jewelry or coins. Folds down to practically nothing and opens in two seconds.

Speaking of “trunk machines”, can you keep a machine in your trunk? Has anyone had their machines year round (in areas that freeze in the winter and get to about 95 in the summer)? I have every type of treasure hunting equipment in my trunk, but I have yet to actually have a metal detector in there... unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Extreme temps are hard on some detectors...... and especially batteries. I'd bring it in the house.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Two, Whites M-6 Garrett MK II. I don't use the MK since I had to give up hookah diving.I never had a reason to upgrade from the M-6 since I find enough goodies and never have to buy my Wife jewelry.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extreme temps are hard on some detectors...... and especially batteries. I'd bring it in the house.

I figured so. I wish we could though! I’d love to just keep them in the car.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also run the risk of someone breaking into your car and stealing them.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
too many .. I should sell the majority of them.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F75 for inland, Sovereign for beach. Nearly got the Equinox 10 times, also want a sea hunter or surfmaster......maybe just wait for Fisher Manta in 2025...

Chub

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
I use two. A Fisher CZ-21 for my Beach Hunting. White IDX PRO modified by Mr. Bill for all other hunts.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am down to the Nokta impact and Tesoro Compadre. I take my sons Minelab Eq-800 with me on occasion as a back up machine.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To much. Equinox 800, Xp Deus and Tesoro Lobo Super Traq are the ones that i always have with me for the land. Minelab Excalibur and Scuba Tector for the water. Tesoro Bandido Umax i keep the whole year in the trunk of my car for you never know opportunities. Omega 8000 i don't use that much anymore but i keep it anyway.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just two, one for dry and one for water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread