How many detectors do you own and use of them

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be old questions, but thought I'd ask. How many detectors do you own? Do you own just one make of detector? When out detecting, do you take more than one detector? I own 3, a Garrette Freedom 3, 29 years old, the detector I cut my teeth own, AT Pro, my first serious detector, now getting a Equinox 800 this week. Time to spend some $$$. OOPS, forgot a couple, a $50 Radio Shack, it did OK. One I still wish I had. Back in the 60's I had a surplus green WW2 detector. Dug lots of minie balls, but it hated wet ground.

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
lets see i own 4 a bounty hunter quick draw 2, A bounty hunter time ranger,And my newest edition my Teknetics eurotek pro. And used a teroso compadre

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
I have the Deus Full with the WS-4's and the MI-6. Also have the Minelab Equinox 800. With the 800 I use the Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System and the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk and the Deus FX-02 wired backphones
I hunt mainly parks and have a bit of a hearing problem and being able to hear my detector and pinpointer in my headphones is almost a must for me. My main detector is the Deus and I have only had the 800 for a couple of weeks and will have to put more hours of use on it before I can really comment on it.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own too many. Excal, Safari, Equinox, AT pro, Infinium (only one thats never tried to pay for itsself and the first on the sell list) and a Whites prism 4 (my first machine so beat up it hardly works). The Equinox is the only machine I didn't get used and they've all paid themselves off except the Equinox but she's close. It depends what a NJ state copper's worth (to me) and if one large stamped but suspect ring is actually gold. I only ever sell modern jewelry anyway but I like to know the ladies are earning their keep.
Somehow the AT pro paid itsself off amazingly quickly in the first few outings and landed her fair share of gold rings (4+ ). She's taking on dust since I got the Equinox but the Equinox has been much less lucky for me. I just love the way it handles the salt water and its tones and behavior are like the Safari so its a natural choice. I think I was lucky with the AT pro because I was digging everything and two of the rings came in just like pennies and one was a pull tab signal. I wonder how many rings I've missed with the Equinox outfoxing myself skipping those 18-22 numbers when the pennies and pull tabs are too thick. Sorry to prattle on but you've made me realize a few things here.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently have three detectors but recently had five. I have a White's m6 and I have a White's Treasuremaster that my girlfriend uses. A few weeks ago I won an AT Pro which I've used ever since getting it. After winning the pro I sold my White's TreasurePro and Fisher F2.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Still own every last one that I got since the early eighties, wife owns all the ones she has ever had, 2 eldest kids one teen and one just under owns all theirs still and my five year old just started off with her first one, only one more kid to go.

Only MD I do not keep is the pinpointers.

The way I see it is no matter how old it is, if you take care of it then it is like any gun, fishing gear, ammo or bike, you have to keep it because you just never know if you will need it again.

Guess it could be worse, some folks keep canned goods forever. LOL

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currently? 13. Some are specialty ones, others are just a bit outdated and collecting dust. I guess I need to clean house! Want to buy some? :laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooops, just recounted.......15.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two, an AT PRO which is what I started with and I just got an AT MAX. I have been using the MAX exclusively for the last month or so trying to get used to it.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Simplex
Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only the T2 classic and just got the wife an At Pro which we will have to learn.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two.

I keep one as a loaner and spare.

I don't do a lot of buying and selling. The only other one I've ever owned was a Radio Shack kit I gave to my nephews to play with when they were toddlers.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Four Excalibur water machines, and enough parts to build 4 more. I find this hobby to be very addictive...:laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I got the Minelab Equinox 600, I sold five machines, keeping only my Tesoro Mojave (as my car trunk machine), and my GPZ7000 for gold prospecting.:skullflag:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two, an AT PRO which is what I started with and I just got an AT MAX. I have been using the MAX exclusively for the last month or so trying to get used to it.

BLK Hole, i too have the same weapons...I bet you were surprised just how different the Max was compared to the Pro...I've had my Max a year and still trying to figure if out! But love them both...Ddf.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BLK Hole, i too have the same weapons...I bet you were surprised just how different the Max was compared to the Pro...I've had my Max a year and still trying to figure if out! But love them both...Ddf.

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the reply's. Guess I'll keep my AT Pro in the trunk for someone to try detecting when I am out using the Equinox 800

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately I only have two. XP Deus with one coil only. The HF. And a Tesoro Cibola as backup and beach machine. Frankly, the Cibola has found the priciest items!

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Safari is my go-to machine and always will be. It’s been nothing but good to me.

I also own a Tesoro sand shark, which is my water machine. It goes DEEP as most of you know, and has a lifetime warranty... what’s not to like with a water machine?

For fun, I also own the minelab go-find 66 which is my trunk machine. Doesn’t go very deep, but it’s great for the beach for recently dropped jewelry or coins. Folds down to practically nothing and opens in two seconds.

Speaking of “trunk machines”, can you keep a machine in your trunk? Has anyone had their machines year round (in areas that freeze in the winter and get to about 95 in the summer)? I have every type of treasure hunting equipment in my trunk, but I have yet to actually have a metal detector in there... unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only need two. AT Gold and ATX. I love Garretts. If a Minelab would have found what my Garretts missed, as hardcore Minelabbers like to think, it doesn't matter. I ain't missing anything. I love my ATX so much that when I ain't using it, I'm just staring at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread