Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Of all the detectors you've owned, which one was (is) your favorite?

Don't forget to tell why...

My favorite was the Tejon but now has shifted to the Minelab Sovereign GT. As you can tell I'm not loyal to any one brand. ;)

The Sovereign is the deepest and most stable detector I've tried to date (since 1968).

I've finally stopped digging nails! Thank you Minelab!

Badger

Upvote 0

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
I have only owned two Tesoro's, and my best is without a doubt the Tiger Shark with the 18" clean sweep coil. Very precise when pin pointing, covers a boat load of ground quickly, and as long as your paying attention it doesn't miss much. Oh also i have found that because the width is only 3" I'm able to put the tip of it into the hole left by my sand scoop turning that faint signal into loud crisp "hello, your getting closer" sound that we all love.
Ollieboy

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
old (Small).JPG

sears2 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• old (Small).JPG
    old (Small).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 628
  • sears2 (Small).JPG
    sears2 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 630
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
My favorite detector is the JETCO, not because I've ever owned one, or would ever want to. Just because if I ever see one in a competition hunt I will root for the underdog!

Seriously though, my fav is the Fisher 1266-X. I've used Compass detectors, a Whites XLT, and an Ace 250. Fisher has my bid, but their customer service sucks and BH bought them out. Two BIG minus marks. So if my trusty Fisher ever konks out, I feel a brand change coming on...

Cheers,

Buckleboy

I hear ya BuckleBoy...those JETCO's were cool. Never owned one myself but I'll never forget those sales catalogs.

Another great one of the era was the D-Tex. Remember those catalogs with the tall Texan?

Here's a vintage D-Tex catalog on ebay...better BUY-IT-NOW lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-DTEX-metal-detector-catalog_W0QQitemZ280155200196QQcmdZViewItem

Badger

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I cannot even choose 1 detector, as I like the DFX for main ground and the Minelab excal for beaches of any sort. I have the perfect duo as far as my needs right now that handles everything I like to hunt.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I really like my Teknetics 9000B because I almost always knew what I was digging before I dug the item. Out of my present arsenal I prefer the Minelab Explorer II.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Farmercal said:
I really like my Teknetics 9000B because I almost always knew what I was digging before I dug the item. Out of my present arsenal I prefer the Minelab Explorer II.

I owned the Teknetics 8500 back in 83 as I recall. it was so-so for depth but did a good job on target ID.

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
my favorite has to be my Quattro on land and excal in the water. The Quattro took some getting use to, but now I love it.

Mike

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I must admit I like my Tejon, but would love to get a T2.

I saw that big brass buckle you found (nice find btw), but I have NO doubt that the Nautilus and the Tejon would have hit on that big ole brass. Go campare all those machines at the same DISC setting on say an eagle cuff button and see which one hits the best.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Sherman, that detector has a searchcoil for a control box. LOL.

SEARS STRIKES AGAIN!

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter, i have too of them and yes I am new, the wife got them for me, and it was a big surprise to me on my Birthday, so what can I say, is thanks babe.

jc from ceres, ca

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard for me to say, being a newbie and all. I have only used 4 detectors, the White's Beach Hunter ID,(traded for the Sov) and 6000 XL PRO, and the Minelab's Excal, and the Sovereign GT (still own and using all three).

I love to beach hunt and have 2 Excals, and I really love the Sovereign GT, it's a close call there.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Hard for me to say, being a newbie and all. I have only used 4 detectors, the White's Beach Hunter ID,(traded for the Sov) and 6000 XL PRO, and the Minelab's Excal, and the Sovereign GT (still own and using all three).

I love to beach hunt and have 2 Excals, and I really love the Sovereign GT, it's a close call there.

You got that right...that Sovereign GT is just about as good as they could get.

I've thought about moving to the SE but some have privately warned me not to do it.

Badger

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started out back in the '80's with a cheap radio shack. Learning with a detector that was VLF, but all-metal was a treat. That thing found the coins if they were only about three inches.

Now I use the DFX, and if my arm gets tired I switch to the prism VI.

Thinking about getting the minelab SE.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
name my favorite detector ? ---ok --- joe--- yah I'll call it joe-- thats the ticket ;D joe the bounty hunter

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wouldn;t give up my White's xlt spectrum ! Its a dandy for finding those small items that some other machines miss.I;ve got 4 years o f serious hunting on it and it works just as good as the day it came home.Previous owner used it 4 or 5 times and got discouraged right away as he was hunting the wrong sites and finding mostly pull tabs and bottle caps lol.HH...Panz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread