New to MD world

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. Dig everything until you learn the machine that way you learn what to dig and what not to dig.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just purchased my first MD a bounty hunter quick draw 2 for $30 did I over pay for it? And does anyone have any tips for a Newbie?

$30.00 sounds like a darn good deal... I had a bounty hunter some years back, and it was a good machine.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My first machine was a Pioneer 202, basically the same as your QD2. I found lots of good stuff with it, and you can't go wrong for 30.oo if it works. The only real problem I recall was that the headphone jack quit working. Good luck, and as mentioned by others, dig everything to learn, leave the area nicer than you found it, and get permission. Now look for a pinpointer if you don't already have one. It will save you much time and frustration on each hole. Happy hunting.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, keep in mind that the Bounty Hunter is just a gateway detector. Now, you will get hooked and have to satisfy your craving with more and more hardcore machines! :laughing7:

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's not forget who owns bounty hunter. They are good detectors.

OP
OP
M

mhwyers91

Greenie
Oct 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it out for the first time today and learned that the depth reading isn’t accurate and everything no matter what it is it comes up as a zinc penny

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
first welcome to Tnet and second i use to own one of those machines it was okay i like my teknetics eurotek pro better its light weight plus you can set it were you don't hear iron nails but galvanized nails are a little problem

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took it out for the first time today and learned that the depth reading isn’t accurate and everything no matter what it is it comes up as a zinc penny

My advice is to upgrade. The next step up will be a legit machine capable of much more.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
practice alot

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome also Tommy from Michigan

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't matter what detector your using. The only way to find out whats in the ground is to dig it. There is NO detector that can tell you whats in the ground. Despite what you see on infomercials, only your ears, experience, and a digging tool can tell you whats there.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a copy or download the instruction manual , read it a couple times.watch videos of that machine on YouTube, have fun !

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net! Place some coins and trash items in the ground to set-up your own test garden and as others have mentioned, Practice! Place a coin about 2 inches from a pull tab and see how your detector reacts as you sweep from left-to-right and from right-to-left.

Keep in mind that there's a ton of trash in the ground and your job is to decide whether or not to dig it. Gold rings read about the same as the old style pulltabs. If you come onto a site that's littered with the old pulltabs, realize that others have decided not to dig them and they can and will hid Gold.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it this way, if you can succeed with that machine then you can succeed with any machine.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
practice and a test garden learn the pop tops to avoid them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread