Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Top 5 metal detectors for 2018.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Deus & Nox
    119 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nox is the 2018 winner. Deff could be better. Nox loves iron. Imagine the Nox with the ctx display! Omg game over. They should have done that and charged more.

2019 we will see...
    Hawks88 likes this.
    iffy signals - youtube

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14355 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I think many people got the nox over the hype Me included If anyone compared it to the Max on coins and depth iron audio notch out water proof pin point threshold no programming back light cordless hands down the max I like the 800 for water hunting cant get it wet too bouncy on deep coins ID not as solid like I said its alot just getting your coil over the target
    alldugup, Hawks88, Kace and 1 others like this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3108 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    I'm with Tommy and the AT Max...I looked and tested different machines for a year, looking for an all terrain detector. Submersible was my primary reason as I absolutely love my DFX for everything, but it's not for water.

I tried all of them because I tend to keep things for a long time and I don't really like change, so I knew I wanted a proven company that also has accessories, different coils, great customer service, not worrying about downloading new software or bugs in it and also backlight was a must as I'm used to it with the DFX and use it in the timber and basements/cellars a lot.

I saw the difference in the Max and Pro and Why folks have a hard time getting used to the difference in tones, but that didn't affect me since I've never owned a Pro. Going with the 5x8 DD Coil was the best for my type of hunting. Love It.

I will get the Grey Ghost Amphibian Submersible Headphones for it if I think they are needed. Garrett water proof headphones leave a lot to be desired as far as fit in my opinion.

I do not hunt saltwater normally...if that changes, I'll get a Detector for that even though Garrett says the Max will handle saltwater well...Many experienced SW detectorists here have said different and I believe them.

I can't give an answer to the top 5, but I'd say the Garrett AT Max for All Terrain and the Whites 300 (same exact machine as DFX) different Coil Size and name for non water hunting.

Kace
    A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14355 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Garrett service they have sent me new coil when I accidently srepped on mine didnt have to send the old one in.My machine warranty expired a yesr and 3 months prior best service hands down
    . try that with any other. company aint gonna happen My Buddy got headphones the same thing they had him send the old ones in but they sent him new ones before he even shipped his out to them. I also got a new lower shaft sent to me free..
    Last edited by A2coins; Nov 23, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5” SS and a couple of shovels
    1103 times
    Relic Hunting
    Im voting for my AT pro, I just got the giant search coil, I’ll be digging to China this spring (:
    Kace and A2coins like this.

us
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, ny
    AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
    7 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    So, I'm reading this as the best machines and yet no one mentioned the Nokta Invenio? This is a revolution in our sport and aside from the entry price will change how some of s hunt again. Sure you can dig everything or analyze more beforehand.
    It's going to be a few weeks but I'm ordering one.
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    7648 times
    GPZ, both coils, 19 is better on the beach though.
    A2coins likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links