Christmas came early. Equinox 800!

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife took me to the local detecting shop today and bought me an Equinox 800. Ive been using a T2 plus which i have nothing but good things to say about but i think im gonna love this machine. So many more options! I cant wait to take it out and start using it. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I mostly relic hunt in woods and somewhat trashy areas.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife took me to the local detecting shop today and bought me an Equinox 800. Ive been using a T2 plus which i have nothing but good things to say about but i think im gonna love this machine. So many more options! I cant wait to take it out and start using it. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I mostly relic hunt in woods and somewhat trashy areas.

Yes, send it over to me so I can inspect it, and get it all set up for you.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure you’re going to like it. Good luck with the 800. Nice Christmas gift from the wife.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a wife. Mine was a little different. When I had ordered a Minelab Safari one year, I kept waiting for it to arrive, (early December), well....my wife intercepted it and wrapped it up as a Christmas present from her to me. Now, what's wrong with that picture. Again BenVa, Wow, what a wife. I guess I'll add that, following her lead, the next year, I did buy an AT Pro as a Christmas present for HER, (she does not detect), and the most recent was a EQ 800, buying it as a new toy for the dog. (He does not detect either). Yup, I'm a generous kind of guy.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting a new, hot machine! I suggest going to Minelab's site (you need to go there to register it for warranty anyways) and go to their manual page and download the full manual for your Nox. Just choose the one with the EN (for English) suffix. I think it is one of the best manuals yet put out by Minelab and it is a must read. I have a printed out copy and am still learning my machine.

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
You are going to love it, especially for the difficult areas.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out the Minelab tab in the Metal Detecting Forum under "Brands". Lots of user related info for the 800.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Every detector person needs a wife or husband like that.Congrats

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When she bought it she said, i hope this is your last detector. Sure honey! Lol

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been MDing once or twice in the last couple months. Been working on the house. Its raining today but its on tomorrow! Ill start out with the factory presets at first until i learn it a little better.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife saw the price tag and just laughed at me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice present! :icon_thumleft:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new toy. Did you update it yet?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you with the new Equinox 800. You must have been good all year. My hunting buddy just got his about two weeks ago and his other MD was a T2. We haven't had a chance to go out yet but hope to in the very near future. Say, do you think you could get your wife to call my wife? Lol

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you with the new Equinox 800. You must have been good all year. My hunting buddy just got his about two weeks ago and his other MD was a T2. We haven't had a chance to go out yet but hope to in the very near future. Say, do you think you could get your wife to call my wife? Lol

Or mine? Could use a new pinpointer.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck save some stuff for us lol

Top Member Reactions