BH QuickDraw Pro, SharpShooter II or MineLab GoFind 66

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the three, which would be best for a beginner? I used to metal detect on local beaches (padre island) years ago and I always dig every signal, just because I hate trash on our beaches so much, so I've always been fine with ultra cheap detectors. Also I'm a cheapskate. LOL. But I'm trying to step it up just a bit.

I recently bought a QuickDraw Pro and now I am looking for a second one for my wife so she can join me and my four year old on hunts. She has zero experience with detectors, so I don't want to overwhelm her right off the bat, but I also want to get her the best option for her to grow into. Of the three, (yes I know there are others out there, but it's gonna be one of these three) which is the best in terms of performance?

Upvote 0

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy the bounty hunter land ranger pro. Its cheap and has all the features the expensive detectors have. Its a great machine for under $250

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that were my only 3 choices I'd just get an $8 leaf rake. And I'm a cheapskate.

Sorry if that's too blunt, but at least its honest.

At the very least look for a used Fisher F2

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought most of my detectors used and have never had an issue. I started with a cheap simple 3 tone machine and it worked, but in 60 days I already knew I wanted to see target ID numbers, I wanted a bigger coil, preferably a DD coil. Moved up to a used Fisher F4 and got all my wants. Six months later I bought the F75LTD, and have been swinging it for 4 years.

If your frugal and want to get the in cheap, I'd think about the Teknetics Minuteman. I think it would be a more enjoyable learning machine, but if the bug bites, ya'll will want to upgrade, like most of us here.

good luck & happy hunting

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably should have explained better. My bad. A good friend of mine has those three detectors and he's in a tight financial spot for....reasons.... so he is selling them. Since I'm in the market for a beginners detector and I want to help my buddy out, the choice is limited to those three. I can't afford to buy all three off him, so I'm just trying to make the best informed decision so I can get him some cash and have the best of the three options for the wife. Ideally, I'd just loan him the cash, but pride being what it is he won't take something for nothing.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Than I guess the Quick Draw Pro is at least the better looking option.

rx8driver

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the m lab 60 used it 4 about 9 mos lite,new tech,and resale great. Upgraded to deus because of lite weight and very happy. Thanks TNet and all the helpful folks with hands on>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread