Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheEquinoxHunter
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger

Thread: BH QuickDraw Pro, SharpShooter II or MineLab GoFind 66

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2018
    South Texas
    Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

BH QuickDraw Pro, SharpShooter II or MineLab GoFind 66

Of the three, which would be best for a beginner? I used to metal detect on local beaches (padre island) years ago and I always dig every signal, just because I hate trash on our beaches so much, so I've always been fine with ultra cheap detectors. Also I'm a cheapskate. LOL. But I'm trying to step it up just a bit.

I recently bought a QuickDraw Pro and now I am looking for a second one for my wife so she can join me and my four year old on hunts. She has zero experience with detectors, so I don't want to overwhelm her right off the bat, but I also want to get her the best option for her to grow into. Of the three, (yes I know there are others out there, but it's gonna be one of these three) which is the best in terms of performance?

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    Knox TN
    Equinox 800 (Main) Equinox 600(water machine) Anfibio Multi F75+ T2SE (Old Faithful) (Co Main) BHLRP ACE 200
    13 times
    I would buy the bounty hunter land ranger pro. Its cheap and has all the features the expensive detectors have. Its a great machine for under $250
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    3550 times
    If that were my only 3 choices I'd just get an $8 leaf rake. And I'm a cheapskate.

Sorry if that's too blunt, but at least its honest.

At the very least look for a used Fisher F2
    Last edited by Icewing; Nov 29, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16385 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have bought most of my detectors used and have never had an issue. I started with a cheap simple 3 tone machine and it worked, but in 60 days I already knew I wanted to see target ID numbers, I wanted a bigger coil, preferably a DD coil. Moved up to a used Fisher F4 and got all my wants. Six months later I bought the F75LTD, and have been swinging it for 4 years.

If your frugal and want to get the in cheap, I'd think about the Teknetics Minuteman. I think it would be a more enjoyable learning machine, but if the bug bites, ya'll will want to upgrade, like most of us here.

good luck & happy hunting
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Nov 2018
    South Texas
    Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector
    62 times
    Probably should have explained better. My bad. A good friend of mine has those three detectors and he's in a tight financial spot for....reasons.... so he is selling them. Since I'm in the market for a beginners detector and I want to help my buddy out, the choice is limited to those three. I can't afford to buy all three off him, so I'm just trying to make the best informed decision so I can get him some cash and have the best of the three options for the wife. Ideally, I'd just loan him the cash, but pride being what it is he won't take something for nothing.

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    3550 times
    Than I guess the Quick Draw Pro is at least the better looking option.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

May 2017
    7 times
    I went with the m lab 60 used it 4 about 9 mos lite,new tech,and resale great. Upgraded to deus because of lite weight and very happy. Thanks TNet and all the helpful folks with hands on>

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links