Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: His and hers detectors

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2018
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

His and hers detectors

Husband and wife both looking to purchase two Minelab 800ís as we see numerous mutual benefits. We are beginners here and understand the learning curve may be a tad steep but we both would rather grow into a machine as to grow out of one. However, are we missing something ...is there any wisdom to having different machines say a low cost/high cost or different makers ...specialties, capabilities. Appreciate any thought and suggestions.

I

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    4927 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3070 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    [QUOTE=Tarcher;6010247]Husband and wife both looking to purchase two Minelab 800ís as we see numerous mutual benefits. We are beginners here and understand the learning curve may be a tad steep but we both would rather grow into a machine as to grow out of one. However, are we missing something ...is there any wisdom to having different machines say a low cost/high cost or different makers ...specialties, capabilities. Appreciate any thought and suggestions.

Tarcher...

I completely agree with your line of thinking! Grow into it instead of out of it.

If it were me...I'd get the 800 and another Similar Unit...Sometimes one picks up what another misses.

Kace
    trdking and A2coins like this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5823 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    First, Welcome to Tnet! Next, what type of detecting do you do? As in, what do you hunt for? Where? Land? Water? Ocean? Prospecting? Etc.....
    A2coins and RustyGold like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Dec 2018
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    First, Welcome to Tnet! Next, what type of detecting do you do? As in, what do you hunt for? Where? Land? Water? Ocean? Prospecting? Etc.....
    Well we live in rural west Tennessee so farm land and old homes would be our most immediate activity we also vacation along the east coast so the beach and shallow water a real possibility. I grew up in a beach area so familiar with beach combing using a homemade manual sifter ...donít see them any more.
    RustyGold and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14060 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Garret at is a killier relic and coin machine go to a dealer try them see the controls talk with a rep there are so many machines its like asking advice on a car to buy most all will do well med price ones 600 ish
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    14060 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome from Mi Tommy
    RustyGold likes this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $4.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.50 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5823 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The Equinox detectors should meet those needs quite well. In fact, I can't think of a better machine for that combination of uses. A Deus might be a bit better in heavy iron, but, it's not waterproof or near as good at a salt water beach. A CTX would be a good choice too, but, it's a lot heavier (albeit better balanced), it costs a LOT more, and it has a slower processor.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    5823 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Garret at is a killier relic and coin machine go to a dealer try them see the controls talk with a rep there are so many machines its like asking advice on a car to buy most all will do well med price ones 600 ish
    The Garrett AT series are not good salt water beach machines. The Equinox goes deeper with better I.D. and is better in iron than the AT's also. For the relatively similar price, there is no reason to buy an AT over an Equinox.
    chub likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    18269 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nothing wrong with having 2 Nox 800's.
    I have 2 Excaliburs and I'm not even married,, lol
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    5481 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The Equinox has several hunting modes, each sounds and works like different detectors. You could run Park1 and your wife run Field2 and hit the same area to cover most potential targets. The Equinox is usable by beginners, but can easily be overwhelming. If you had someone go out with you the first time, it would be very helpful. Then post in the Brands forum to Minelab Equinox any questions and issues you encounter, we will help. Good luck and have fun!
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    11214 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Tarcher! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE).
    2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of 's Supporting Vendors.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) ::.

us
    Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero
    180 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not sure if it's an issue with the nox series but having two detectors of the same frequencies could cause issues. The tesoro vaquero has a .2 shift so if two are nearby one can switch and continue without problem.

Dec 2018
    11 times
    Well thanks to you folks and the forum threads I think we have done our homework ...only remaining questions do we wait until Xmas or just di it ! Anyone done any business with a site called Serious Detecting don’t recall them in the treasurenet Sponcers listing..

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    5823 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowtaknow View Post
    Not sure if it's an issue with the nox series but having two detectors of the same frequencies could cause issues. The tesoro vaquero has a .2 shift so if two are nearby one can switch and continue without problem.
    That isn't an issue with an Equinox. You just fire up both machines and hit the noise cancel on each one while they're close to each other.
    RustyGold and Slowtaknow like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links